[resolved] How to configure tWarn -> tLogCatcher -> tLowRow? Or, wrong approach?

One Star

[resolved] How to configure tWarn -> tLogCatcher -> tLowRow? Or, wrong approach?

Hi,
My original configuration was:
MysqlOutput -> tLogRow
Once I started using tWarn and tLogCatcher the error message in tLogRow changed, not the expected data truncation error, but something that looks like this:
connecting to socket on port 3819
connected
2013-11-27 15:58:37|E2p8ae|E2p8ae|E2p8ae|DEMO|cl_ad__TO__dimListing|Default|4|tWarn|tWarn_1|this is a warning|42
disconnected

Wanted to use tLogCatcher since it can catch more errors and warnings than tLogRow can alone from my understanding, so I could get as many errors as possible going to one tSendMail component
What would be the best way to go in this situation? Original and modified canvases attached
Thank You Smiley Happy

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] How to configure tWarn -> tLogCatcher -> tLowRow? Or, wrong approach?

Hi,
The purpose of tLogCatcher is operating as a log function triggered by one of the three: Java exception, tDie or tWarn, to collect and transfer log data.
For you truncation error, you have to use "Rejects" row in your job design.
That means there would be two input for tsendmail: tlogcatcher-->tsendmail(Java exception, tDie or tWarn)
RejectsRow-->(Data truncation, type mismatch...)
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies

Re: [resolved] How to configure tWarn -> tLogCatcher -> tLowRow? Or, wrong approach?

Hi,
The purpose of tLogCatcher is operating as a log function triggered by one of the three: Java exception, tDie or tWarn, to collect and transfer log data.
For you truncation error, you have to use "Rejects" row in your job design.
That means there would be two input for tsendmail: tlogcatcher-->tsendmail(Java exception, tDie or tWarn)
RejectsRow-->(Data truncation, type mismatch...)
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Ok thank You Smiley Happy
I used the only available connection type "Iterate" from tLogCatcher -> tSendMail and it seems to be working

Hi,
I used the only available connection type "Iterate" from tLogCatcher -> tSendMail and it seems to be working

Could you please check your further problem in Forum 33055, there is response from @shong.
Best regards
Sabrina
--