One Star

[resolved] How to Capture Error data using Reject link and with TMap Component

Hi
I am new to use Talend Open Studio Data for Data Integration. I need your suggestions in My Scenario, here is: I am trying to get data from salesforce and then transforming it into my Postgres Database. Source Data: salesforce>accounts and Targeted Table: salesforce_account (which is my database).
In this job, i am using tmap component.In tmap component i also enabled Die or Error option still i am not able to read data into errorreject table (I did add columns also)
on the other hand i enabled batch size option from advanced settings in salesforce_account (my database component) and then i added delimiter file to record the error data which is neither working.
Requirement:
1) need to record error data.
2) Also need suggestion if any thing needs to be added in expression for errorstackTrace in ErrorReject Table.
Please find the Images attached.
Thanks in Advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] How to Capture Error data using Reject link and with TMap Component

Hi,
Die on error and reject link can not be used at the same time. Die on error means when the job encounter a error, the job will be stopped enforce , but reject link means when the job encounter a error, it will catch the error and then continue to do the next record. So if you want to use the reject link on tMap, don't check the option of "Die and error"

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
3 REPLIES

Re: [resolved] How to Capture Error data using Reject link and with TMap Component

Hi,
Die on error and reject link can not be used at the same time. Die on error means when the job encounter a error, the job will be stopped enforce , but reject link means when the job encounter a error, it will catch the error and then continue to do the next record. So if you want to use the reject link on tMap, don't check the option of "Die and error"

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks for the explanation Smiley Happy my issue is resolved.

Hi,
Welcome, and thanks for your feedback!
Best regards
Sabrina
--