One Star

[resolved] How can I convert date to string with TalendDate.getCurrentDate() ?

Hello everybody,
I want to convert a date-format to a string without periods in my tmap-Component and I don`t know, if I use it right and how I can get the desired result:
I want to create an output-table which contains the actual date but without periods and without any separators at all, like this: ddMMyy
Is it possible, to write it directly into my output-table?
I think, I can do this job with the expression "TalendDate.getCurrentDate()", right?
Can somebody help me how to use it correctly? What do I have to write into the expression editor to make it work?
In the following screenshot I wrote the function "TalendDate.getCurrentDate()" into the table-cell, where I want to get the result:

(FYI: I`m a beginner in talend with nearly no Java-experience.)

Best regards
Bexy Smiley Happy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] How can I convert date to string with TalendDate.getCurrentDate() ?

You can use TalendDate.getDate("ddMMyy") instead of TalendDate.getCurrentDate().
2 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] How can I convert date to string with TalendDate.getCurrentDate() ?

You can use TalendDate.getDate("ddMMyy") instead of TalendDate.getCurrentDate().
One Star

Thank you, jlolling.
 I will test how it works.