[resolved] Getting an 'invalid default value' error with MySQL tinyint.

Five Stars

[resolved] Getting an 'invalid default value' error with MySQL tinyint.

Hi,
I have a very simple job that is reading a table from one database and loading it to another database - same table definition for the source and target.  So far so good. 
There is a column on the table that is defined as a tinyint type in MySql with a default value of 0 and is being defined as a Boolean/boolean type in the tMap component with a default value of '0'.  Looking at the java code (via the code tab), I see that the column (aka columnA) is defined as follows...  `columnA` BIT default '0'. 
When the job is run, it is throwing the below error.
"com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Invalid default value for 'columnA'". 
Does anyone know how to resolve what should be a pretty simple exercise?  Do I need to add an interim casting of the column?  Use a different column type (other than boolean/Boolean) on the tMap component for the column?
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you. 

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: [resolved] Getting an 'invalid default value' error with MySQL tinyint.

Found my answer through this old post.   https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-1833

All Replies
Five Stars

Re: [resolved] Getting an 'invalid default value' error with MySQL tinyint.

Found my answer through this old post.   https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-1833

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Put Massive Amounts of Data to Work

Learn how to make your data more available, reduce costs and cut your build time

Watch Now

How OTTO Utilizes Big Data to Deliver Personalized Experiences

Read about OTTO's experiences with Big Data and Personalized Experiences

Blog

Talend Integration with Databricks

Take a look at this video about Talend Integration with Databricks

Watch Now