[resolved] First-time user -- how to open existing project?

One Star

[resolved] First-time user -- how to open existing project?

We inherited an Open Studio application (Java) from a local city where the contract
programmer was let go 6 months or more ago. I have gotten what appears to be the
source, and it includes a file called "talend.project". I downloaded Open Studio, and
am trying to open this project file in it with virtually no luck. The existing .java files
have Talend all over them, so I know I'm on the right track. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] First-time user -- how to open existing project?

I confirmed that this app was written in TOS, but there are 3 modules, and the project file exists for only one. This is a small town, and I'm betting that they never got the source code in escrow. I did manage to get that one module up in TOS, but it's a minor one that simply compares 2 different input files. The core app (that is not working -- well, working, but terminating without error and without completing processing of its input file) is missing the .project file.
Thanks for everyone's help.

All Replies
Seven Stars

You can't just open existing projects sourced from elsewhere. You need to create your own project and then, once inside, right-click Job Designs and Import Items.
One Star

hi
you can also use the option of import as existing project.
Seven Stars

As long as the existing project was created in the same flavour of Talend e.g. that won't work to import a TIS project into TOS: the new project doesn't come up in the list to open.
One Star

I confirmed that this app was written in TOS, but there are 3 modules, and the project file exists for only one. This is a small town, and I'm betting that they never got the source code in escrow. I did manage to get that one module up in TOS, but it's a minor one that simply compares 2 different input files. The core app (that is not working -- well, working, but terminating without error and without completing processing of its input file) is missing the .project file.
Thanks for everyone's help.