[resolved] File Exist FTP

One Star

[resolved] File Exist FTP

Hi,
Here is my situation. I am having daily a files wich I need to pull out from FTP. Before I have chose my file I need to check did my files already existing in my current folder.
I have to check by time stamp as that is the only way for me as my files will come or come most of time with same name but the only differents are by timestamp .
I am able to pull my files from FTP , I think I am doing correct even to chose them by timestamp ( I am using tAgregateRow, maybe I am not right ) but not sure how to do check before I start to look for my file , how to chose the only new one, and file with not existing in my directory.
if anyone have any idea please let me know.
Thanks
Zeljka

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] File Exist FTP

Hi
I am able to pull my files from FTP , I think I am doing correct even to chose them by timestamp ( I am using tAgregateRow, maybe I am not right )

Yes, you are in the right way, get the timestamp and it return a long type, choose the max value (that is the newest file) on tAgregateRow component.
About how to judge the file exist already in target folder or not, see
http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14450
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

All Replies
Community Manager

Hi
I am able to pull my files from FTP , I think I am doing correct even to chose them by timestamp ( I am using tAgregateRow, maybe I am not right )

Yes, you are in the right way, get the timestamp and it return a long type, choose the max value (that is the newest file) on tAgregateRow component.
About how to judge the file exist already in target folder or not, see
http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14450
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks Shong