[resolved] FTP connection time out

One Star

[resolved] FTP connection time out

hi,
My job motive is to get file from FTP server and show data of the file in console.
Please look into my job designed using FTP connection.
I selected 'Print Message' in the advanced settings of 'tFTPGet' component.so,i see message like
          "file downloaded successfully" in console.
When i run my job i am getting below exception
Starting job sample5 at 18:56 11/01/2016.
connecting to socket on port 3914
connected
file downloaded successfully.
data-example-1.csv (The system cannot find the file specified)
disconnected
Job sample5 ended at 18:56 11/01/2016.
But file exists in destination.
i have attched the screenshots of my job.Please look into this help me with the process.

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: [resolved] FTP connection time out

You have 2 solutions :
1. After your tFTPFileList, check if the file exist on your local with tFileExist and ((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH"))
If not exist make your tFTPGet and continue your job
2. After your tLogRow, use a tFileDelete on your local. With this solution, you get all files.
Arnaud

All Replies
Six Stars

Hi,
I think the path in your tFileInputDelimited_1 is not ok : add in path the prefix of the current directory ( D:/work/ )
Arnaud
One Star

thanks team,
See my screenshots i am getting error in "tFTPGet" component.
One more information is file is downloading to my location directory  from FTP server.From there data is   moving to 'tFileInputDelimited' component and to 'tLogRow'.
But problem here i am not getting what is the problem with "tFTPGet" component.There i am getting 'Error'.
Have a look at my screenshot.

Six Stars

I see your error on the last screenshot.
May be it's just a job view bug. Close en re-open the job and run it to verify (it's not ok, close and re-open TOS).
One Star

First time i run job it will fetch file from from remote FTP and store in local machine.Now it is working fine data is displaying in console.
But if i run same job my job is failing because job fetching file one more time which is already present in local machine.
If i check "append" in "tFTPGet" component my job working fine(running more than one time also).
But i don't want to append the data which is becoming duplicate.
i want to delete file which is in local at the end of job every time.So,that i will not face overriding error. 
Help me how can i delete file which is at local machine every time at the end of my job.
Six Stars

You have 2 solutions :
1. After your tFTPFileList, check if the file exist on your local with tFileExist and ((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH"))
If not exist make your tFTPGet and continue your job
2. After your tLogRow, use a tFileDelete on your local. With this solution, you get all files.
Arnaud
One Star

thanks,
i did that.One more thing i need to know how can i get response in java code from talend job.
Response i need is number of rows inserted in data base.
Is that possible to get response from talend job and print count in java code ?
Look at my java code and talend job in screenshots?
I call my job using AXIS webservice.
Help me with the process and changes i need to do to get response from my talend job to web application.
Six Stars

Hi,
The post is resolved so you can prefix by this post and create a new topic to respect the rules.
I will answer in the new topic.
Thanks,
Arnaud