One Star

[resolved] Export job on another computer

Hey there
Maybe this is i a stupid question but i have to ask.
I have ETL Express installed and have made some Jobs that works and i also Export some Job as .bat files that starts the Job thruu Scheduler.
Now i have made a Job that should be used on another pc. My question is can i only copy the .bat file to that pc and it will run if i have the right Connection Parameters set and everything or do i always have to install the whole ETL Express Software on that machine to make it work?
If not what excatly do i have to Transfer and make for Settings to make this work without installing ETL Express on the other machine.
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Four Stars

Re: [resolved] Export job on another computer

So if i Export my Job as a Batch file i can use it on another Server without having this Installation?
>> After exporting talend job, you get a zip archive file. Copy that archive file to other PC where Java is installed... unizip it, you will find a .bat file which will execute your job.

Vaibahv
7 REPLIES
One Star

It is necessary to install the full Express Software package on the local machine you wish to run the job upon. 
One Star

To bad, i was hoping it would be a easier way..
Seventeen Stars

ETL Express? Do you mean an Open Studio?
The exported job is runnable as standalone application and does not depend on the studio to run. You can move the exported job at any place you want.
Community Manager

It is necessary to install the full Express Software package on the local machine you wish to run the job upon. 

This is wrong. Talend, and by extension, Jaspersoft ETL, is a code generator. Once you have build your job once, the code is compiled and can then be exported as a standalone job to be run independently from the development environment that is the Studio.
Refer to the documenation for further information: https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=How+to+build+Jobs&content-lang=en
Elisa
One Star

Well it stands Welcome to Jaspersoft ETL Express so i thought that the name of the Software.
It's the Software where you create the Jobs. Business Modell, Job-Design, Context and so on..
So if i Export my Job as a Batch file i can use it on another Server without having this Installation?
Four Stars

>> After exporting talend job, you get a zip archive file. Copy that archive file to other PC where Java is installed... unizip it, you will find a .bat file which will execute your job.

Vaibahv
Community Manager

Well it stands Welcome to Jaspersoft ETL Express so i thought that the name of the Software.
It's the Software where you create the Jobs. Business Modell, Job-Design, Context and so on..

Jaspersoft ETL Express is powered by Talend. Jaspersoft simply embark Talend.
Thank you Vaibhav for your further explanation.
@jensej: set this topic as resolved if you have no additional question.
Thanks
Elisa