[resolved] Execution of batch file using Talend which is running on Linux

Hi All,
I want to run the windows batch file using Talend (Talend DI / TAC). Talend DI / TAC is running on Linux Machine.

Any Suggestions/help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Siva
5 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Execution of batch file using Talend which is running on Linux

Create a DI job and use a tsystem component to run the batch file, schedule the job on Job Conductor of TAC.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

Hi Shong,
Thanks for your response.
If I use the tSystem Component, When I run the talend job from TAC which is running on linux machine. It will consider the System as linux host and it won't execute the batch file in linux system.
Correct me If I'm wrong.

Regards,
Siva
Community Manager

Hi Siva
Is it possible to move the batch file from windows to Linux machine? or create a job to fetch it to Linux machine via FTP, Http or SCP protocol before executing it?
If the batch file has to be on windows machine, you can try to set a UNC path, see
http://www.talendforge.org/bugs/view.php?id=15485

Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

Hi Shong,
I can able get the file in linux machine.
But my doubt is, Is tSystem component is dependent on the Operating System (Windows/Linux) ?. If so, how it will run the windows batch file(which internally invokes some reports) in Linux machine.

Thanks,
Siva
Seventeen Stars

Running a Windows batch file on a Linux maschine?? The problem is not Talend, the problem is this strange idea! What could a windows batch do what a linux shell script or even better a Java based Talend job could not do?
If you really need this Windows script try the Windows environment for Linux called "wine".