One Star

[resolved] Exception in component tPostgresqlOutput_1 java.lang.NullPointerExcept

Hello,
I have a strange error when i deploy my job to linux server:
Exception in component tPostgresqlOutput_1
java.lang.NullPointerException
at dpma.unit_test_export_postgresql_0_1.unit_test_export_postgresql.tSybaseInput_1Process(unit_test_export_postgresql.java:582)
at dpma.unit_test_export_postgresql_0_1.unit_test_export_postgresql.runJobInTOS(unit_test_export_postgresql.java:1118)
at dpma.unit_test_export_postgresql_0_1.unit_test_export_postgresql.main(unit_test_export_postgresql.java:986)
It work in local mode on win32 but not in the server
It take one field one table from sybase and dump it to postgresql, same schema, same table. (work on win32 localhost)
How can i handle that error
7 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] Exception in component tPostgresqlOutput_1 java.lang.NullPointerExcept

You have not enough info provided to get help. Your stack trace is understandable only if the reader knows the job.
If you want help, show use a screen shot of your job and the properties of the component tPostgresqlOutput_1.
One Star

Re: [resolved] Exception in component tPostgresqlOutput_1 java.lang.NullPointerExcept

Here some pics for the job:

Hi davchx,
You'd better register and log in as a Community member first, then you'll get a Image upload box that allows to upload screen captures ( 20 images per post, each image must be less then 1024x768 pixels and 200 KB).
The screenshots link are unavailable for us.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Here some pics for the job:
So i repeat, this is just a POC to test if i can get data from Sybase to PostgreSQL, win32 OK, but on the server KO

Hi,
If you use tSybaseConnection and t PostgreSQLConnection, why there is no connection type(connector) between them?
That means:tSybaseConnection PostgreSQLConnection
| |
OnComponentOK OnComponentOK
| |
tSybasetInput----->tPostgresqlOutput
That probably cause the java.lang.NullPointerException. Please see scenario in tMysqlConnection how to link component.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

It work, my mistake, design error...
Thanks!

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback. Feel free post your issue on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--