One Star

[resolved] Exception in component tMSSqlOutput_1 - java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi,
All my columns are nullable. I am trying to insert the stats into a SQL table where it is throwing me off.
Exception in component tMSSqlOutput_1
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at vbps.batch_0_1.Batch.tStatCatcher_1Process(Batch.java:2024)
 at vbps.batch_0_1.Batch.runJobInTOS(Batch.java:2729)
 at vbps.batch_0_1.Batch.main(Batch.java:2519)
 at vbps.batch_0_1.Batch.tMSSqlConnection_1Process(Batch.java:509)
 at vbps.batch_0_1.Batch.runJobInTOS(Batch.java:2738)
 at vbps.batch_0_1.Batch.runJobInTOS(Batch.java:2766)

Can you please help me understand what I am doing incorrectly?
Regards,
Namrata
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Exception in component tMSSqlOutput_1 - java.lang.NullPointerException

I had tried with a new SQL connection that connects to the MSSQLOutput using the Use existing connection, but it had still failed.
What worked is, using the Repository connection and getting all connection components in the form of contexts (instead of use existing connection). Now it works fine.
Thanks for all your help.
Regards,
Namrata
11 REPLIES

Re: [resolved] Exception in component tMSSqlOutput_1 - java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi Namrata,
Could you please show us your job design screenshots which will be helpful for us to diagnose your issue.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi ndhanawade,
Can you upload your screenshot into forum? In this way, we can check it easily.
You can use "UPLOAD" or "Drop files here to attach them" option to achieve it.
Make sure your screenshot file is not bigger than 2MB.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I id try that. Not sure what img extension is supported. When I upload and check back, this file cant be seen.

Hi,
Did you use tMysqlConnection component in your job? There is an error in your tMySqlOutput component.  Did you select  "Use an existing connection"? Could you please show us tMySqlOutput component setting screenshot?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Here ..

Regards,
Namrata                                                                           

One Star

Hi,
Another piece of information that may help you with a solution --
When I used tFileOutputExcel instead of the tMSSQLOutput, I got an "advanced condition failed" in my execution window.
Like this --
Starting job TestNama at 22:02 22/04/2015.
connecting to socket on port 3908
connected
1|1|0|0|advanced condition failed
disconnected
Job TestNama ended at 22:02 22/04/2015.
Seventeen Stars

hi all,
'bizarre' error ...
Advanced could be something about advanced setting perhaps.
Can you show us advanced setting of your component ?
For DB output, did you try without 'existing connection' ?

regards
laurent

Hi ndhanawade,
Is there any update for your issue?
If you are using "Use an existing connection" in tMySqlOutPut, there must be a connector(OnsubjobOk or OnComponentOK) between your tMySqlOutPut and tMySqlConnection.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I had tried with a new SQL connection that connects to the MSSQLOutput using the Use existing connection, but it had still failed.
What worked is, using the Repository connection and getting all connection components in the form of contexts (instead of use existing connection). Now it works fine.
Thanks for all your help.
Regards,
Namrata

Hi Namrata,
Thanks for your feedback. Can we consider this topic as resolved?
Best regards
Sabrina
--