[resolved] Exception NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis/encoding/Deserializer

One Star

[resolved] Exception NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis/encoding/Deserializer

I have little experience in TOS and java. I get this error at runtime
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: java.lang.Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis/encoding/Deserializer
at eaimport.ordertowv_0_1.OrderToWV.tMSSqlConnection_3Process(OrderToWV.java:541)
at eaimport.ordertowv_0_1.OrderToWV.runJobInTOS(OrderToWV.java:8720)
at eaimport.ordertowv_0_1.OrderToWV.main(OrderToWV.java:8550)
Caused by: java.lang.Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis/encoding/Deserializer
at eaimport.ordertowv_0_1.OrderToWV.tMSSqlInput_1Process(OrderToWV.java:6750)
disconnected
disconnected
at eaimport.ordertowv_0_1.OrderToWV.tMSSqlConnection_3Process(OrderToWV.java:526)
... 2 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis/encoding/Deserializer
at eaimport.ordertowv_0_1.OrderToWV.tMSSqlInput_1Process(OrderToWV.java:6228)
... 3 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.axis.encoding.Deserializer
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 4 more
What does it mean? It cant find the class Deserializer?
How do I troubleshoot and fix?

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Exception NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis/encoding/Deserializer

Hi
So, the problem is not caused by the installation path, you have to import the class in the advanced setting of tJava or tJavaRow before use it.
Anyway, you have resolved the problem about tWebservice in 16252. Smiley Wink
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

All Replies
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Exception NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis/encoding/Deserializer

Hi
In 15612, you said you installed TOS in the C:\Program Files\ folder, it always cause this kind of problem if there are some space in the installation path, have you reinstalled TOS into a path without space? Do you have the same problem when executing other job?
Best regards
Shong
One Star

Hi shong,
I installed in folder C:\Talend. I have tried 3 different installations, 2 with v4.2.0 and 1 with v4.2.1.
I have made some changes and I am now getting a different but similar error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis/description/FieldDesc.
This error only occurs when I try to write java code in a tJavaRow that uses a class from the routines I imported from a web service. I am trying to use a global var of this type and fill in the members from a database record.
The reason I am writing java code is that I cant figure out how to use the tWebService with an array parameter. This is the underlying issue I have, being a newbie with TOS.
The webservice function has 3 params, a string, a object, a array of objects.
I can get the first 2 params OK, but I dont know how to fill the array parameter.
The data for the array parameter comes from a table in a database each item in the array is a record in the database. i can query the database and get the rows, but how do I get the rows into the array parameter at the same time I get the other two params? If I could figure this out I would toss the java code with no regrets.
Is there some example I can see?
One Star

Im moving this twebservice question to a new thread.
One Star

I think I was getting exceptions because i put the objects of the web service parameter type in a flow/row variable. Then talend was trying to serialize the object when the exception happened. Anyway I now have my job working using different methods that do not involve flow/row objects.
Community Manager

Hi
So, the problem is not caused by the installation path, you have to import the class in the advanced setting of tJava or tJavaRow before use it.
Anyway, you have resolved the problem about tWebservice in 16252. Smiley Wink
Best regards
Shong