One Star

[resolved] Excel Metadata Creation Error "Could not find or load main class"

When creating metadata for an Excel or flat file, I receive the following error during preview (see screenshot)
"Error: Could not find or load main class test.shadowfileinputtodelimitedoutput_0_1.ShadowFileInputToDelimitedOutput"
Environment:
- Windows 8.1
- Talend version  5.6.1.20141207_1330. installed on a path without any blanks
- Java version jdk1.7.0_79, installed directory "C:\JDK7ForTalend"
- JAVA_HOME points to "C:\JDK7ForTalend" (having learned from related issue posts, that this is important)
Any idea how to resolve that?
Many thanks in advance
Issue screenshot:

Btw. the preview worked quite well on the preceeding tab, where the Excel file is selected.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Excel Metadata Creation Error "Could not find or load main class"

Problem solved. Java SDK 7 must be installed and JAVA_HOME environment variable must be set BEFORE installing TOS.
Having fixed those prerequisites and resinstalling TOS solved the issue.
It would be helpful to get some hint on that issue during the installation process (ok, I admit reading "installation prerequisites" would have helped...")
1 REPLY
One Star

Re: [resolved] Excel Metadata Creation Error "Could not find or load main class"

Problem solved. Java SDK 7 must be installed and JAVA_HOME environment variable must be set BEFORE installing TOS.
Having fixed those prerequisites and resinstalling TOS solved the issue.
It would be helpful to get some hint on that issue during the installation process (ok, I admit reading "installation prerequisites" would have helped...")