One Star

[resolved] Error with Talend : GC overhead limit exceeded

Hi !
I encounter a problem with Talend...
I'm trying to run a Job whith 3 simple elements : a TAccessInput which contains the entire database of one of our solutions, a TMap to match with our postgres database et to optimize the job with the temporary repository, and a tPostgreSQLOutput where we want to Insert the datas of our access database.
I just want one table of our access database, but i encounter the following error :
// My error
Exception in component tAccessInput_2
net.ucanaccess.jdbc.UcanaccessSQLException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
at net.ucanaccess.jdbc.UcanaccessDriver.connect(UcanaccessDriver.java:247)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at test_access.convert_access_to_postgres_0_1.convert_access_to_postgres.tAccessInput_2Process(convert_access_to_postgres.java:4862)
at test_access.convert_access_to_postgres_0_1.convert_access_to_postgres.runJobInTOS(convert_access_to_postgres.java:7501)
at test_access.convert_access_to_postgres_0_1.convert_access_to_postgres.main(convert_access_to_postgres.java:7346)
Caused by: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCPreparedStatement.executeBatch(Unknown Source)
at net.ucanaccess.converters.LoadJet$TablesLoader.loadTableData(LoadJet.java:779)
at net.ucanaccess.converters.LoadJet$TablesLoader.loadTablesData(LoadJet.java:928)
at net.ucanaccess.converters.LoadJet$TablesLoader.loadTables(LoadJet.java:972)
disconnected
at net.ucanaccess.converters.LoadJet$TablesLoader.access$3(LoadJet.java:966)
at net.ucanaccess.converters.LoadJet.loadDB(LoadJet.java:1361)
at net.ucanaccess.jdbc.UcanaccessDriver.connect(UcanaccessDriver.java:236)
... 5 more
// end of the error
I've tried with a file which just contains the table we want to convert into postgreSQL, and it works fine.
So I think the problem is with the weight of our whole database Access file but i don't know how to solve it...
If someone could help me it would be really great and kind ! =)
Sorry for my english, I'm French and tried to post in English to obtain more answers Smiley Tongue
Thanks in advance !
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] Error with Talend : GC overhead limit exceeded

The problem here is:
first of all, this is the wrong forum, please move to 
Open Data Integration - Usage, Operation
Next, the driver reads the whole file of the database and this is simply to much.
I cannot see any other solution than increasing the memory in the view Run and here the advanced settings.
Remove the parameter -Xmx1024m and add a new one like -Xmx2048m.
If this is also not enough double the value and so on.
2 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

The problem here is:
first of all, this is the wrong forum, please move to 
Open Data Integration - Usage, Operation
Next, the driver reads the whole file of the database and this is simply to much.
I cannot see any other solution than increasing the memory in the view Run and here the advanced settings.
Remove the parameter -Xmx1024m and add a new one like -Xmx2048m.
If this is also not enough double the value and so on.
One Star

Thanks a lot !!!
It works fine thanks to you !
I move the post and mark him as resolved !
Have a good day !