One Star

[resolved] Error upon opening the project

Hi.
I have a problem right now in opening my project. An error appears which says:
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
at org.talend.core.model.properties.impl.FileItemImpl.eResolveProxy(FileItemImpl.java:326)
at org.talend.core.model.properties.impl.FileItemImpl.getContent(FileItemImpl.java:153)
at org.talend.core.repository.utils.RoutineUtils.changeRoutinesPackage(RoutineUtils.java:45)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.changeRoutinesPackage(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:2851)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:2838)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1742)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginDialog$1.run(LoginDialog.java:372)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
I can't proceed and I need your help badly. Thanks guys.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] Error upon opening the project

Hi,
The conflict may be occur when you have used studio for a while. To avoid this conflict, my suggestion is that use JDK 1.6 instead of 1.7. Please see the related reference Forum 27952
Is there any error log which is located in <Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log for Talend Open Studio Data Integration.
In addition, try this solution:
Please follows the steps as below to restore the items.
1. Backup the workspace.
2. Delete the workspace and restart the studio.
3. Import all items from the backup of workspace done in step1.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
7 REPLIES

Hi,
First of all, we need some information from you. What is your OS? JDK version? Which talend product version do you used?
More information will help us to address your issue quickly.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

hi,
OS - Windows 7
JDK Version - 1.7
Talend Version - 5.2.2

Hi,
There is unknown conflict problem when you use JDK 1.7. It suggested that you should use JDK 1.6.
In addition, please pay more attention on these points:
1. set the java environment correctly.
2. Make sure there is no space and Illegal character in your installation path.
Your feedback will be appreciated.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

hmmmm. It was working a while ago but when I closed Talend and reopen the project it can't be opened because of that error

Hi,
The conflict may be occur when you have used studio for a while. To avoid this conflict, my suggestion is that use JDK 1.6 instead of 1.7. Please see the related reference Forum 27952
Is there any error log which is located in <Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log for Talend Open Studio Data Integration.
In addition, try this solution:
Please follows the steps as below to restore the items.
1. Backup the workspace.
2. Delete the workspace and restart the studio.
3. Import all items from the backup of workspace done in step1.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

hi thank you for the help. it is working now Smiley Happy

Hi,
Which solution do you used to resolve it? Could you share your experience with us? Downgrade JDK 1.7 into JDK1.6 or delete the workspace?
Best regards
Sabrina
--