One Star

[resolved] Error in tOracleInput when using tOracleConnection

Hello,
I am trying for a while to solve that, but can't figure out where the problem come from.
I have a job, which been created on talend 4.2.2. this job do a few operation on an oracle database 10. the job is working is fine for the last 2 years. I have to move this job to talend 5.6 and then move the database to oracle 11. I exported my workspace Tos 4.2 into an archive and imported in on Tos 5.6, download the differents libs, and exported as an OSGI. everything went fine.
But when I am trying to run that job in Tos 5.6 or on karaf I get that error :
Exception in component tOracleInput_1
java.sql.SQLException: Connexion interrompue
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:113)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:147)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:209)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.createStatement(PhysicalConnection.java:780)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.createStatement(PhysicalConnection.java:756)
at xxx.yyyy_1_2.zzzzz.tOracleInput_1Process(zzzzz.java:4578)
at xxx.yyyy_1_2.zzzzz.tJava_2Process(zzzzz.java:4327)
at xxx.yyyy_1_2.zzzzz.tWarn_11Process(zzzzz.java:4178)
at xxx.yyyy_1_2.zzzzz.tFixedFlowInput_3Process(zzzzz.java:4011)
at xxx.yyyy_1_2.zzzzz.tOracleConnection_1Process(zzzzz.java:3379)
at xxx.yyyy_1_2.zzzzz.runJobInTOS(zzzzz.java:16714)
at xxx.yyyy_1_2.zzzzz.main(zzzzz.java:16429)
Composant / Sous job en erreur pour cause d'exception Java

Here is the differents tests I did :
using my computer, another computer, and the a Centos server :
I tried those with and oracle database 11, didn't work as well :
EnvironementOSTos versionJava versionJava compilator version in TosDatabaseError
My computerWindows 75.66 / 71.5 / 1.6Oracle 10Connexion interrompue
My computerWindows 74.26 / 71.6 / 1.5Oracle 10OK
other computerWindows XP4.261.6Oracle 10Connexion interrompue
TESBCentos 6.45.671.5 / 1.6Oracle 10Connexion interrompue
StandAloneCentos 6.44.271.5 / 1.6Oracle 10OK

I feel like the connection is closed too fast by the oracle server, but it s working fine on tos 4.2.
the tOracleInput use the connection etablished by the tConnectionOracle. If I move the block tOracleInput right after the tConnectionOracle, it s working fine, same if I connect to the database inside the tOracleInput...
I have a lot of tOracleInput and don't want to use to do a connect in all the different tOracleInput.
Any idea how to solve that without touching the database ?
Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Error in tOracleInput when using tOracleConnection

Hello,
Yeah it's working fine.
the tOracleConnection work as far as I can see in the listener.log of oracle
13-JAN-2015 09:25:06 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SID=XXXXXXXXX)(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=__jdbc__)(USER=))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=XX.XX.XX.XX)(PORT=56925)) * establish * XXXXXXXXX * 0
13-JAN-2015 09:25:12 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SID=XXXXXXXXX)(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=__jdbc__)(USER=))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=XX.XX.XX.XX)(PORT=56926)) * establish * XXXXXXXXX * 0
13-JAN-2015 09:25:12 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SID=XXXXXXXXX)(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=__jdbc__)(USER=))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=XX.XX.XX.XX)(PORT=56927)) * establish * XXXXXXXXX * 0
13-JAN-2015 09:25:13 * service_update * XXXXXXXXX * 0

using ojdbc14 for oracle10 (download by Tos 5.6).
the same job but built by talend 4.2 is working fine on that database everyday.
9 REPLIES
One Star

Sorry I put it in the wrong section, and can't move it.
www.talendforge.org/forum/img/members/206659/ErrorOracle.jpg

Here the link to the picture since it won't let me insert it into the page...

Hi,
Can you connect to your oracle DB successfully by using DB metadata in 5.6 studio?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello,
Yeah it's working fine.
the tOracleConnection work as far as I can see in the listener.log of oracle
13-JAN-2015 09:25:06 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SID=XXXXXXXXX)(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=__jdbc__)(USER=))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=XX.XX.XX.XX)(PORT=56925)) * establish * XXXXXXXXX * 0
13-JAN-2015 09:25:12 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SID=XXXXXXXXX)(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=__jdbc__)(USER=))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=XX.XX.XX.XX)(PORT=56926)) * establish * XXXXXXXXX * 0
13-JAN-2015 09:25:12 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SID=XXXXXXXXX)(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=__jdbc__)(USER=))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=XX.XX.XX.XX)(PORT=56927)) * establish * XXXXXXXXX * 0
13-JAN-2015 09:25:13 * service_update * XXXXXXXXX * 0

using ojdbc14 for oracle10 (download by Tos 5.6).
the same job but built by talend 4.2 is working fine on that database everyday.
One Star

for the table on my main post I  did a mistake, it suppose to be like that :
other computer
Windows XP
Oracle 10
OK

other computer
Windows XP
Oracle 10
Connexion interrompue

sorry.

Hi,
Do you mean it didn't work well when you publish your job created in 5.6 on Talend Runtime? Have you tried to create a new job in 5.6 and pulish it on Talend runtime to see if everything is going well? 
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello,
yeah but the problem doesnt come from the runtime.
the job doesn't work when I try to run it in tos 5.6 (debug), or if I export it as a stand alone or OSGI and run it.
but the job work fine when I run it in tos 4.2 (debug), or if I export it as a stand alone and run it.
I m gonna recreate my job from scratch in tos 5.6 and see if I can make it work that way.
I have a lot of job to migrate from tos4.2 to tos5.6 and can't recreate them all though.

Hi,
First of all, make sure your 5.6 studio is working well. Have you ever executed a job successfully in 5.6 studio? Could you please give us your curent OS and JDK version?
Did you follow up documents: TalendHelpCenter:How to import projects and TalendHelpCenter:How to export a project?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Well, I run a few jobs and they are working fine, smaller job, some with database acces (oracle).
I recreated the start of the job and executed it, it s working. But when I copy those blocks into my old job and replace them, it s not working anymore... I probably miss something, but can't figure out what.
for the export/import, I exported the workspace into a folder and reimported it, same as in the tutorial.
first computer : windows 7 64 bits, java 1.7.0_45
second computer windows XP 32 bits, java 1.6.0_35
I am going to recreate the job and try it regulary during the development, to get more information.
One Star

I found where the problem come from.
inside the job we have a tLogCatcher, which launch another job we created.
This job manage the different kind of log we want to save in our database. It start with a tOracleConnection then process a few thing, write in the database and then tOracleCommit (without closing the connection).
Both of my jobs (the main job and the subjob) use the same "Use or register a shared DB Connection" -> context.nameConnexion.
thoses jobs were working fine in tos4.2, but it look like, in tos5.6 the connection is kill by the subjob..?
If I change the "Use or register a shared DB Connection" of the subjob, there no more problem.
thank you for your help Smiley Happy