One Star

[resolved] Error executing job "java.lang.outofmemoryerror java heap space"

Hi,
We're running a job and get error java.lang.outofmemoryerror java heap space.
The client is a Windows 2003 Server, with MySql on it.
It has 4 Gb RAM.
Does anybody how could I narrow the error?
Thanks
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: [resolved] Error executing job "java.lang.outofmemoryerror java heap space"

Hi,
If setting the memory does not address the problem, go to the 'Advanced settings' tab for your tMySQLInput
component and select the Enable stream check box. This worked for me the other day when encountering out of
memory issues.
Hope this helps.
Tom
One Star

Setting up Xms2048 and Xmx4096 resolves the issue.
9 REPLIES
One Star

You could try adjusting the maximum heap size.
Go to Run, Advanced settings and check Use advanced JVM parameters. There you can set Xmx (2048M might be a first try).
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Arno
Five Stars

Hi,
If setting the memory does not address the problem, go to the 'Advanced settings' tab for your tMySQLInput
component and select the Enable stream check box. This worked for me the other day when encountering out of
memory issues.
Hope this helps.
Tom
One Star

tgrady, thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure if this solved adelgadom's issue but it solved the problem for me.
One Star

Setting up Xms2048 and Xmx4096 resolves the issue.
Community Manager

Hi
Thanks everyone for your accurate answers.
As an additional source of information, note that there is an article in the Talend Help Center/Knowledge Base, which details the various possible solutions to work around this outofmemory exception: https://community.talend.com/t5/Migration-Configuration-and/OutOfMemory-Exception/ta-p/21669?content...
Cheers,
Elisa
One Star

Hi
... an article in the Talend Help Center/Knowledge Base, which details the various possible solutions to work around this outofmemory exception: https://community.talend.com/t5/Migration-Configuration-and/OutOfMemory-Exception/ta-p/21669?content...

Hi, unfortunately I cannot access https://community.talend.com/t5/Migration-Configuration-and/OutOfMemory-Exception/ta-p/21669?content... - I'm trying to log in with my username and password and it keeps showing me the log in screen on the right hand side. Any suggestions? I also got a Java heap space error with 2 GB RAM under Win XP and was searching for any hints.
One Star

I know this is an old post, but avdbrink's answer worked for me.
One Star

I have data in MySQL around 4million and my job simply has a filter component and it throws the heap space error.
Are there any requirements for running Talend Open Studio specific to data amount vs the hardware?
One Star

Hi,
I have  a requirement wherein I just pick my data from one DB and put it into another. In my source table I have used month granularity and in one month I have approx. 2 Million records. I use Greenplum DB. Attached is my job design. But when I run this job I am getting java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space Error.
I have tried increasing the Heap size to 4096M but still getting this error.
Please suggest