[resolved] Error Handling and Conditions in Talend

Five Stars

[resolved] Error Handling and Conditions in Talend

Hello,
I am new to Talend, I have a job which gives a list of holidays for different countries using an API. The job is running fine.
But I need to do some conditioning. I am using a text file to give the start date & end date. ( For eg:- Startdate will be (-1) one year before the current year i.e 2016 & enddate will be (1) the next year i.e 2018, so I get data for 3 years, 2016, 2017 & 2018.)
Startdate should always contain negative value & Enddate should be positve. I need to put a condition for this, I want a popup message box which says the values entered are incorrect if someone enters a positive value in Startdate or ViceVersa. I can't use tMsgBox with OnComponentError from Component tFileInputProperties_1 as I am not getting any error when I use incorrect values. Please suggest if there is any other solution.
Thanks & Regards,

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] Error Handling and Conditions in Talend

Hi,
Have you tried to use "RunIf" connector in your work flow? Which triggers a subjob or component in case the condition defined is met.
Could you please take a look at document about:TalendHelpCenter:RunIf Connection Settings?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies

Hi,
Have you tried to use "RunIf" connector in your work flow? Which triggers a subjob or component in case the condition defined is met.
Could you please take a look at document about:TalendHelpCenter:RunIf Connection Settings?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,
Runif worked for me thanks a lot Smiley Happy
Best Regards,
Pratik

Hi Pratik,
Great it can help. Can we consider this topic as resolved?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,
Yes Sure Smiley Happy
Thanks & Regards,
Pratik

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch