One Star

[resolved] Encoding to UTF-8 miss all latin special characters

Hello.
I am trying to get data from Firebird DB, then store it to csv files.
If i create the files with UTF-8, I loose all latin special characters, like "é" or "ã" they will be replaced with "?"
Is there any way to put in UTF-8 without loosing those latin special characters?
Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Encoding to UTF-8 miss all latin special characters

Hello.
I workaround this by doing this steps:
Changed the windows encoding to 65001 for current user session command and administration session with command line: chcp 65001
Then: All the generated files in the job with "UTF-8" and added JVM argument: Dfile.encoding="cp1252".
All the files now are in UTF-8 with all latin special characters.
I hope this help someone in the future
Thank you!
5 REPLIES

Hi,
Could you please try to add the "Dfile.encoding=utf-8" to the JVM parameters of job review to see if it works?
Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina.
That's what I have.
I also tried with the tencoding component and the result is the same.
File is converted/saved with UTF-8 encoding but all latin characters are replaced with "?"
I am using last TOS, but I have this problem since I Know TOS, from version 4.2.
Any more ideas?
One Star

Hello.
I think it's related with O.S. I am using it in English, but locale, Keyboard, etc are in Portuguese.
Default windows enconding is in cp1252, changed to 65001 (UTF-8) but result it's the same.
I am running out of ideas...Any suggestions?
Thank you
One Star

Hello.
I workaround this by doing this steps:
Changed the windows encoding to 65001 for current user session command and administration session with command line: chcp 65001
Then: All the generated files in the job with "UTF-8" and added JVM argument: Dfile.encoding="cp1252".
All the files now are in UTF-8 with all latin special characters.
I hope this help someone in the future
Thank you!

Hi,
Great the solution works. Thanks for your feedback and sharing your solution with us.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.