Not applicable

[resolved] EXPORTED JOB NOT RUNNING ON THE LINUX SERVER

hi all,
i have exported the job to my server then i have set the cron entry as shown below:
30 1 * * 4 /usr/local/talend/AS400ToOracle_0.1/AS400ToOracle/AS400ToOracle_run.sh

BUT when this CRON entry runs i get a following error in my log file:
Warning: -Xms256M not understood. Ignoring.
Warning: -Xmx1024M not understood. Ignoring.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: as400_to_oracle.as400tooracle_0_1.AS400ToOracle
at gnu.gcj.runtime.FirstThread.run() (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
at _Jv_ThreadRun(java.lang.Thread) (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
at _Jv_RunMain(java.lang.Class, byte const, int, byte const, boolean) (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
at __gcj_personality_v0 (/usr/local/talend/AS400ToOracle_0.1/AS400ToOracle/java.version=1.4.2)
at __libc_start_main (/lib64/tls/libc-2.3.4.so)
at _Jv_RegisterClasses (/usr/local/talend/AS400ToOracle_0.1/AS400ToOracle/java.version=1.4.2)

Please help.Thanks in advance.
---Koustubh Avadhani
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: [resolved] EXPORTED JOB NOT RUNNING ON THE LINUX SERVER

hi all,
After some research i got an answer to my question .
it is jus that u need to modify the shell script that is generated by the talend (as shown below).
. /path /.bash_profile
cd `dirname $0`
ROOT_PATH=`pwd`
/usr/local/jdk1.6.0_13/jre/bin/java -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -cp classpath.jar: as400_to_oracle.as400tooracle_0_1.AS400ToOracle --context=Default $*

the first line of the shell script should be
. //.profile
i,e (.space)//.bash_profile ### this is done to get all the SYSTEM variables to the current shell where the job is being run.
then mention the whole path where java is installed to run the job
Hope this helps someone.
Thanks and Regards,
--Koustubh Avadhani
6 REPLIES
Community Manager

Hi
/usr/local/talend/AS400ToOracle_0.1/AS400ToOracle/java.version=1.4.2

TOS/TIS requires JDK1.5 or higher.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Not applicable

Hi,
i have jus checked the version on my server its jdk1.6.0_13, i am not understanding which java version it is refering to??
Thanks and Regards,
--Koustubh Avadhani
Community Manager

Hi
Can you show us the value of system PATH variable?
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Not applicable

Hi shong,
the system path variable that we are using is :
echo $PATH
/usr/local/java/bin:/usr/local/java/jre/bin:/bin:/opt/openoffice.org3/program:/usr/local/ant/bin:/usr/local/java/bin:/usr/local/java/jre/bin:/usr/local/ant/bin:/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/a2o_user/bin:/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/DB//bin:/usr/local/java/bin:/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/DB/bin/sqlldr
Thanks and Regards,
--Koustubh Avadhani
Not applicable

hi all,
i have exported the job to my server then i have set the cron entry as shown below:
30 1 * * 4 /usr/local/talend/AS400ToOracle_0.1/AS400ToOracle/AS400ToOracle_run.sh

BUT when this CRON entry runs i get a following error in my log file:
Warning: -Xms256M not understood. Ignoring.
Warning: -Xmx1024M not understood. Ignoring.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: as400_to_oracle.as400tooracle_0_1.AS400ToOracle
at gnu.gcj.runtime.FirstThread.run() (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
at _Jv_ThreadRun(java.lang.Thread) (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
at _Jv_RunMain(java.lang.Class, byte const, int, byte const, boolean) (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
at __gcj_personality_v0 (/usr/local/talend/AS400ToOracle_0.1/AS400ToOracle/java.version=1.4.2)
at __libc_start_main (/lib64/tls/libc-2.3.4.so)
at _Jv_RegisterClasses (/usr/local/talend/AS400ToOracle_0.1/AS400ToOracle/java.version=1.4.2)

the JDK version on my server is : jdk1.6.0_13
the Path variable is :
/usr/local/java/bin:/usr/local/java/jre/bin:/bin:/opt/openoffice.org3/program:/usr/local/ant/bin:/usr/local/java/bin:/usr/local/java/jre/bin:/usr/local/ant/bin:/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/a2o_user/bin:/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/DB//bin:/usr/local/java/bin:/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/DB/

but when i run the generated shell script manually on the command prompt the job runs properly and all the data transfer activities take place and all the updations in the DB are also proper.Please guide me to automate this job to run it every day at some specified time from the cron.

Thanks and Regards
--Koustubh Avadhani
Not applicable

hi all,
After some research i got an answer to my question .
it is jus that u need to modify the shell script that is generated by the talend (as shown below).
. /path /.bash_profile
cd `dirname $0`
ROOT_PATH=`pwd`
/usr/local/jdk1.6.0_13/jre/bin/java -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -cp classpath.jar: as400_to_oracle.as400tooracle_0_1.AS400ToOracle --context=Default $*

the first line of the shell script should be
. //.profile
i,e (.space)//.bash_profile ### this is done to get all the SYSTEM variables to the current shell where the job is being run.
then mention the whole path where java is installed to run the job
Hope this helps someone.
Thanks and Regards,
--Koustubh Avadhani