[resolved] ETL job run remote ETL job (tSSH or tSystem)

One Star

[resolved] ETL job run remote ETL job (tSSH or tSystem)

Version 4.1.2
(All linux machines)
I have a job1.sh script run a main job with 5 subjobs in it. The 5th and final sub job is composed of 4 asynchronous subjobs. Async subjob 4 uses a tMap to combine a main mySQL table and a lookup mySQL table. There are two outputs which ultimately each lead to a tSSH component.
To start with each tSSH component connected to the target machine and simply output the 'ls' command - successful.
I then designed the target machine etl scripts and tested on them - no errors. (async subjob 4 passes a record id via the tSSH script to the target machines as a parameter to their .sh scripts so I ran the target machine etl script with a manual parameter input).
I am stuck combining the two together.
The target etl script fires and I have it output some variables so I can see the record id passed before it gets into the main execution and the variables look good.
The target etl script has two subjobs. Before these two subjobs a connection is made to a database and a tMysqlInput -> tFlowToIterate -> tMysqlInput -> tJavaRow process occurs .The first subjob checks using a bash script if a database exists - exits if doesn't exist. The second checks to see if another database exists and if not creates it.
The bash script that checks if a database exists - exits if doesn't exist ALWAYS exits. It 'appears' if the script is being run from the calling machine and not the called machine. I have checked the ip of the machine by adding some stuff to the output section - it is the called machine's ip.
I have tried using the tSystem and the ssh ip 'command' as well with no change. (If I execute the ssh ip 'command' from the calling machine - the etl script on the called machine runs just fine).
So the combining of two etl jobs (local & remote) appears to be the problem.... The db connections are shared using different names so as to eliminate that as a factor?
Anybody doing this sort of thing and want to share any gotchas?
Thank you,

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
One Star

Re: [resolved] ETL job run remote ETL job (tSSH or tSystem)

Sorry - the above works. The issue: a commit was occurring after the ssh connection and I needed the commit to occur before it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
One Star

Sorry - the above works. The issue: a commit was occurring after the ssh connection and I needed the commit to occur before it.

View solution in original post

Four Stars

Can you upload your component screenshoot?

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables