[resolved] ESB 5.6.1 - javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException - cMail

One Star

[resolved] ESB 5.6.1 - javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException - cMail

I have a Route that starts with a cMail endpoint, using TOS 5.5.1 it works just fine.
I upgraded to TOS 5.6.1 and now I got javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException using the same route, I just imported in to the new workspace.
I'm using Gmail - IMAPs on port 993, and setup the cMail using context variables. I already confirm the username and password, but I'm getting the error below:
: org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext - Apache Camel 2.13.2 (CamelContext: LinkExtractor-ctx) started in 3.098 seconds
: org.apache.camel.component.mail.MailConsumer - Consumer Consumer failed polling endpoint: Endpoint. Will try again at next poll. Caused by: Invalid credentials (Failure)]
javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Invalid credentials (Failure)
at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore.protocolConnect(IMAPStore.java:661)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:317)

I know that the route is using the right context because of the host (smtp.gmail.com) its only defined on my Dev context
Is any one got the same problem with this version?
Thanks,
Rogério
One Star

Re: [resolved] ESB 5.6.1 - javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException - cMail

Common on guys, two hundred views no one has this problem?
Please I need this do deploy my route.
Thanks
Rogério
Four Stars

Hi,
I don't think that this is some version related issue. As per your error, it is related to authentication failure..
javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Invalid credentials (Failure)

Can you try by directly putting the credentials in place of context variables..? You may identify exact root cause of the issue.

Thanks
Vaibhav
One Star

If you are consuming the contents of an email folder shouldn't your server be imap.gmail.com instead of smtp.gmail.com?
Sixteen Stars

Have you got Google's 2 Step Verification set up for your account? If so, switch it off. I spent ages trying to get the cMail component to work with my Gmail account a few months back and it turned out to be this. I can't remember the exact error I was getting, but I think it was at least similar to this. If you are not sure what the 2 Step Verification is, check this link out http://support.google.com/accounts/answer/180744?hl=en
One Star

John Pyaeatt, in Gmail, both address point to the same server. 
rhall_2.0 my account does not have the 2 steps validation active.
I found out that using the password field without the context variable works, so I think should be something with the context way of passing password values to the component.
Thanks for all the replies.