Six Stars

[resolved] ERROR: value too long for type character varying(500). Which Column?

Hi,
Is there anyway to see what column needs to be altered in SQL so the data can easily load into SQL. I'm bringing data from Excel into postgreSQL and I have about 20 columns that need to be loaded into SQL but it keeps giving me this ERROR: value too long for type character varying(500).  How can I find out what column is it?
Thanks in advance,

4 REPLIES

Re: [resolved] ERROR: value too long for type character varying(500). Which Column?

Hi,

We see this topic has been marked as resolved. Feel free tolet us know if you still have this problem.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Re: [resolved] ERROR: value too long for type character varying(500). Which Column?

Hello Sabrina, I am getting the same issue can you please point me to the link which has the solution to this issue.
Six Stars

Hi Vikas,

Uncheck Die on error option in DB output component and use the reject flow to capture the records with error, reject flow will have 2 additional attributes with error code and description.

Thanks

Ashok 

Hello,

Please refer to this link:https://community.talend.com/t5/Migration-Configuration-and/Data-truncation-error-Data-too-long-for-....

Let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.