One Star

[resolved] Dynamic schema in Netezza components

Hello,
I would really appreciate for my jobs, if I could use dynamic schema for Netezza components. However, currently, this is unsupported. I have found a similar topic here: http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=57674
Is it planned to implement this feature or would it make sense to put a feature request at jira?
Thanks
Jan
12 REPLIES
Six Stars

Re: [resolved] Dynamic schema in Netezza components

You can use dynamic schemas to read from other DB's and write to a file(which supports dynamic schemas) then use nzload. If you need to source files dynamically from NZ use CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE to create the files.

Hi,
It is welcome to open a feature jira issue of DI project for your requirement on Talend Bug Tracker.
For tNetezzaInput, the dynamic type support is there, not tNetezzaNzLoad, tNetezzaOutput.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks both. I posted a feature request on the bug tracker.

Hi jan.fabian,
Could you please paste the feature jira url on forum so that other community can check it. Thanks for your contribution.
Bets regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello Sabrina,
It's this feature: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-29916
Best
Jan

Hi,
Thanks for your contribution. We will inform you as long as this feature issue is resolved.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
thank you. The workaround proposed by jholman works with two significant drawbacks: it is slower and I cannot create table if not exists while loading data into Netezza.
Best
Jan
Six Stars

I have found create external table to be quite fast and even faster than any other method if using COMPRESS TRUE when moving between Netezza NPS. Also, Netezza does not support IF (NOT) EXISTS statements, so you cannot use that anyway. I usually query the catalog table _V_TABLE to see if the table exists and drop it if required (or write an SP).
One Star

My problem is related to the tNetezzaOutput, so I need to load data with dynamic schema into Netezza. Writing to a file and SCPing it to a DB server is slower than just using tNetezzaOutput. And anyway, it is a solution that is not suitable for us, compared to using talend components for inserting data into DB.
With the create table if not exist, I was talking again about the tNetezzaOutput component and the "action on table" - that works, actually. Sorry for not being clear.
Six Stars

I feel your pain on no dynamic schema support, I would love to have it for tNetezzaNzload especially, but why SCP the file?
You can just create the external table and load it from where it was created with nzload which outperforms JDBC easily, especially if they are compressed. eg:
tNetezzaRow (CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE) --> tNetezzaNzload
I know this doesn't help with table creation but will be much faster than tNetezzaOutput.
One Star

Well, that might work, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, we are trying to get rid of any dumps into files, so I am not sure if this will be suitable.
Anyway, closely related question: In the Talend Components Reference Guide on p. 1834, it is written for tJDBCOutput that it supports dynamic schema. This might be a solution for us, even when the JDBC component version is a little bit slower. However, when I check my supportDynamic.txt, tJDBCOutput isn't listed and it also really doesn't work for me.
So is there a mistake in the reference guide?

Hi,
Anyway, closely related question: In the Talend Components Reference Guide on p. 1834, it is written for tJDBCOutput that it supports dynamic schema. This might be a solution for us, even when the JDBC component version is a little bit slower. However, when I check my supportDynamic.txt, tJDBCOutput isn't listed and it also really doesn't work for me.
So is there a mistake in the reference guide?

For this closely related question, please navigate to forum http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=37060 for more details.
Best regards
Sabrina
--