[resolved] Data from Oracle8 to Oracle11 got "ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 7"

One Star

[resolved] Data from Oracle8 to Oracle11 got "ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 7"

Hi,
I have created a simple JOB for transport some tables from an Oracle 8 instance to another Oracle 11 instance.
The job is simple:

But I get this error:
Starting job Replica at 11:13 01/09/2014.
connecting to socket on port 3610
connected
Exception in component tOracleConnection_2
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 7
at oracle.security.o3logon.C1.r(C1)
at oracle.security.o3logon.C1.l(C1)
at oracle.security.o3logon.C0.c(C0)
at oracle.security.o3logon.O3LoginClientHelper.getEPasswd(O3LoginClientHelper)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.O3log.<init>(O3log.java:290)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.logon(TTC7Protocol.java:251)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:252)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:365)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:260)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at datareplicator.replica_0_1.Replica.tOracleConnection_2Process(Replica.java:580)
at datareplicator.replica_0_1.Replica.tOracleConnection_1Process(Replica.java:488)
at datareplicator.replica_0_1.Replica.runJobInTOS(Replica.java:2307)
at datareplicator.replica_0_1.Replica.main(Replica.java:2166)
1202 milliseconds
disconnected
Job Replica ended at 11:13 01/09/2014.

Any suggestion?
I'm using "Talend Open Studio for Data Integration" Version: 5.5.1 Build id: r118616-20140617-1110
Thanks
S.

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Data from Oracle8 to Oracle11 got "ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 7"

Solved.
Must use an Oracle 9 connection for souce, but source Oracle RDBMS version is 8.1.7.
Thanks everyone
S.

All Replies
One Star

Re: [resolved] Data from Oracle8 to Oracle11 got "ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 7"

Hi
1) Please check you are using correct jdbc driver.
2) You are using correct service name for connection.
For more you can visit these link,hope you can get to the solution
http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5931

One Star

Hi, and thanks for your feedback.
I hope jdbc driver are corrects (its was automatically downloaded by TOS) and the data connection is correct, both test was succesful.
Now, I'm going to read your links!
Seventeen Stars

hi ,
as Sanjay, I would have said that it 's a problem with your driver.
test component connection alone ; test with different oracle connection list item (DB version)
regards
laurent
One Star

Hi 
For testing purpose you can do as 
tLibraryLoad--->DataBaseConnection-->DataBaseInput-->tLogRow
It will help you getting whether you are able to fetch data from input using ojdbc driver you are using.If yes then do the same with Oracle11 by creating a sample table in it and using the same ojdbc driver,if it works then no problem with jar else you need to look for your jdbc drivers.
One Star

tLibraryLoad--->DataBaseConnection-->DataBaseInput-->tLogRow

I found all the component, what JAR I must load with tLibraryLoad?
Thanks again
S.
One Star

Update: guessing the sql query by TOS, I found something strange viewing the Oracle schema.
In the Oracle 8 connection, all works fine, but in the Oracle 11 the schema is not recognized.

Suggestion? Or I'm just a noob? XD
Thanks
S.
One Star

Hi,
I think you should use ojdbc14.jar if it is there.
You should create table in target database with same schema as in Oracle8,If schema is different it will not populate data in Target database.
One Star

Hi,
I think you should use ojdbc14.jar if it is there.
You should create table in target database with same schema as in Oracle8,If schema is different it will not populate data in Target database.

TOS has downloaded:
- ojdbc12.jar: creating Oracle 8 connection
- ojdbc5.jar: for Oracle 11 connection
:-/
One Star

Solved.
Must use an Oracle 9 connection for souce, but source Oracle RDBMS version is 8.1.7.
Thanks everyone
S.