[resolved] DB connection with encrypted context variables

Six Stars

[resolved] DB connection with encrypted context variables

Hi,
I created a connexion to a MSSql DB in the repository from context variables.
The user and psw are encrypted so I want to use a routine for uncrypting.
I dont't know where to call this routine because the fields are disabled in the connection windows and in the tMSSqlRow component:

Has somebody any idea ?
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] DB connection with encrypted context variables

In the context variable the password is not encrypted. The encryption takes place if you set the password in the job directly.

Hi,

What's the build version you are using?
Have you already checked KB article about: TalendHelpCenter:How to setup encryption of the passwords in Talend Studio?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Hi afernandez35,

Any update for your issue?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi,
No solution for the moment...
If I retrieve the encrypted user / password in the context files, how to uncrypting these if I create my SQL connection in the repository ?
In the suggested article, the Property Type is "Built-In" and I want to use "Repository" as Property Type...
Regards,
Antoine
Six Stars

if you just use context file to store your user/password, you can just use context.db_password in your routine.
If you just want to change user and password for this connection, you can either go back to context to change it or change property type from "Repository" to "Build in".
Six Stars

It's OK when using property type "Build In"