[resolved] Custom component in jobs not working in karaf container

Highlighted
Six Stars

[resolved] Custom component in jobs not working in karaf container

Hi ,
 I have created a custom component same as twebserviceinput component.It does the same work as the twebserviceinput component.
 Following are the components I have used to create the job:
Twaitforfile -> tfileinputdelimited ->twebserviceinput(custom component) ->tfixedflowinput->tsetglobalvar
Tfixedflowinput gets the data from the twebserviceinput response and it is saved in tsetglobalvar
When I try to create a jar and run it in karaf console in container.I see that component Is not called at all and it gives null pointer exception error further in tsetglobalvar.

I am using version 5.6.2 in studio for job and karaf container of 5.3.2

Re: [resolved] Custom component in jobs not working in karaf container

Hi,
Have you already checked that the jar is included in the kar export? Did you copy JAR file into context/deploy?
Could you please try to deploy your jar file in karaf container 5.6.2 to see if this issue repro?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi Sabrina,
yes the jar was present in the export.
Even the job was running in container of 5.6.2 but it didnt worked as expected in 5.3.2

Hi,
Are you using Talend Subscription 5.3.2 for ESB product? Are your V 5.3.2 at the same server with your studio?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi Sabrina,
Its not talend subscription 5.3.2 for ESB product.Yes it is at the same server with my studio.

Hi,
The job should be Ok without problem if it can be deployed on runtime 5.6.2 successfully.
We suspect that there is some compatible issue. The job created on studio 5.6.2 has some problem when deloy it on runtime 5.3.2.
Have you tried to create a new job with your custom component on studio 5.3.2 and deploy it on karaf container of 5.3.2 to see if it works?
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Best regards[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Sabrina[/font]
--
Six Stars

Hi Sabrina
Thanks for your help it was compatible issue only.

Hi pooja.kataria,
Thanks for your feedback and marking this topic as resolved.
Best regards
Sabrina
--

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch