Highlighted
One Star

[resolved] Create a component to get facebook page insights

I searched for a component which i can get facebook page insights data in talent exchange. I found only tFBAppData which we can get only data for facebook apps. Do you have any components to suggest for getting facebook page insights data?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Create a component to get facebook page insights

Hi
There is no a built-in component integrates with Facebook, tFBAppData is a custom component develoed and shared by our partner PowerUp company, you can find more information about this component in PowerUp website.
http://www.powerupbi.com/talend/tFBAppData.html
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
9 REPLIES
Community Manager

Hi
There is no a built-in component integrates with Facebook, tFBAppData is a custom component develoed and shared by our partner PowerUp company, you can find more information about this component in PowerUp website.
http://www.powerupbi.com/talend/tFBAppData.html
Shong
One Star

Than you for the help.
But i needs Facebook page insights data. Can this app provide page insights data (eg: page_negative_feedback_by_type for a particular page id).
As far as i read, It seems to be this component can pulls only data regarding applications in the Facebook page.
Please correct me if i am wrong, Or else let me know if any other tools are available.
Community Manager

Hi dijodavis
Honestly, I haven't tested this componen yet, I don't know if this component can fit your need, however, you can try to contact PowerUp company for more details. In addition, if you know that there exist Java API for pulling page insight data from Facebook, then you can create the component by yourself.
Shong
One Star

Yeah, Thank you for the help!!
i am working on creating a component to get Facebook insights data.
One Star

Hi Dijodavis,
I would be really interested in your component. I'm looking forward to test it ! Please keep us informed about your avancement. Smiley Happy
Benjamin
One Star

Yeah, The component is created and it works fine if you have a page access token for your account. But not yet uploaded in talend community. I will test it once more and upload soon.
One Star

Hi Dijodavis,
Does it work? Could you please upload it? Smiley Happy
Thanks in advance!
Benjamin
Employee

You don't need a component. This can all be achieved using standard components. 
I have an example that retrieves "music.listens" data from Facebook. 
It walks you through getting the Access Token (there is a little user interaction required) and then retrieves every song that has ever been listened to via your Facebook account. I have my Spotify account linked to Facebook.
The tutorial is here: http://www.rilhia.com/node/29
Let me know what you think.
One Star

I often find this on google. You can manually type the search: Like I look for the Ringtone Cutter tool