One Star

[resolved] Connecting Talend Data Integration to Azure SQL on macOS broken

I currently use macOS on a macbook pro. To run Talend Open Studio - Data Integration I have to use VMWare with a windows install. This is because I can't get DI to connect to my Azure SQL databases on macOS, but I can on windows.
On Windows I grab the latest version of TOS DI, the latest Java from oracle, and then sqljdbc4.jar from Microsoft. I setup a new project, then a new connection. With this new connection I set it up as a Generic JDBC, set the user and password. I set the driver to the sqljdbc4.jar. Then I set the correct JDBC url. This works great.

On macOS I follow the exact same steps and I get errors. I have attempted to create the project from scratch, and to import the one from the Windows machine.
My JDBC url is: jdbc:sqlserver://HIDDEN.database.windows.net;databaseName=HIDDENDATABE
Replacing HIDDEN with the correct data of course.

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
 java.lang.RuntimeException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: SQL Server did not return a response. The connection has been closed. ClientConnectionId:93ce361e-f194-407d-bb8c-6b1465368127
     at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
     at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1041)
     at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:315)
     at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:289)
     at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$46.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:3173)
     at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$46.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
     at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
     at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
 Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: SQL Server did not return a response. The connection has been closed. ClientConnectionId:93ce361e-f194-407d-bb8c-6b1465368127
     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.terminate(SQLServerConnection.java:2400)
     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.terminate(SQLServerConnection.java:2384)
     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSReader.readPacket(IOBuffer.java:6648)
     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.startResponse(IOBuffer.java:7963)
     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.startResponse(IOBuffer.java:7915)
     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.sendLogon(SQLServerConnection.java:4345)
     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.logon(SQLServerConnection.java:3160)
     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.access$100(SQLServerConnection.java:43)
     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection$LogonCommand.doExecute(SQLServerConnection.java:3123)
     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:7505)
     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:2445)
     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1981)
     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:1628)
     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectInternal(SQLServerConnection.java:1459)
     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:773)
     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:1168)
     at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
     at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)
     ... 9 more
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Connecting Talend Data Integration to Azure SQL on macOS broken

Downgrading to an older sqljdbc4.jar seems to have worked. I downgraded from the 6.0 release of it to the 4.0 release of it and that solved the problem. Found it here: www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=54629
3 REPLIES

Hi,
What's your mac OS version? Have you already checked online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Operating Systems to see if you are on a compatible platform?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Downgrading to an older sqljdbc4.jar seems to have worked. I downgraded from the 6.0 release of it to the 4.0 release of it and that solved the problem. Found it here: www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=54629

Hi,
If this issue is fixed, please mark this topic as resolved.
There is a limitation for posting URL(10 posts). Could you please directly paste the link you want to share  on forum?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.