[resolved] Component tHiveLoad & File path on Linux

Highlighted
One Star

[resolved] Component tHiveLoad & File path on Linux

Hi all,
I am currently working on Talend Open Studio for Big Data, and I'm using components about Hive. My host is on a CentOS virtual machine and my Hadoop architecture on another VM using HortonWorks Sandbox 2.0. My goal is to insert data from a file on HDFS in my Hive table.
My connection to HDFS and Hive work perfectly, but I have a syntax problem for the component tHiveLoad. Indeed, to load data from a file on HDFS to my table, I have to enter the path of a file (not a filename).
For filename, this syntax works: "/user/linux/file.xls". But not with the filepath on tHiveLoad, I get the following error:
"
FAILED: SemanticException Line 1:17 Invalid path ''/user/linux/file.xls''
Query returned non-zero code: 40000, cause: FAILED: SemanticException Line 1:17 Invalid path ''/user/linux/file.xls''
: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver - FAILED: SemanticException Line 1:17 Invalid path ''/user/linux/file.xls''"
"
After testing several different ways, I still don't find a solution. Do you have any idea of the problem?
Best regards
Stanaaaaa

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Component tHiveLoad & File path on Linux

Hi again,
I found a solution. Checking "local" in tHiveLoad, the path root become the root of Talend Open Studio (where is located .exe or .sh). So, it fixes the issue, but I don't understand why it still don't work in either case, and why we can't specify the desired absolute path.
Best regards
Stanaaaaa

All Replies
One Star

Re: [resolved] Component tHiveLoad & File path on Linux

Hi again,
I found a solution. Checking "local" in tHiveLoad, the path root become the root of Talend Open Studio (where is located .exe or .sh). So, it fixes the issue, but I don't understand why it still don't work in either case, and why we can't specify the desired absolute path.
Best regards
Stanaaaaa
IF

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Put Massive Amounts of Data to Work

Learn how to make your data more available, reduce costs and cut your build time

Watch Now

How OTTO Utilizes Big Data to Deliver Personalized Experiences

Read about OTTO's experiences with Big Data and Personalized Experiences

Blog

Talend Integration with Databricks

Take a look at this video about Talend Integration with Databricks

Watch Now