[resolved] Component's connection to Salesforce Reseting

Six Stars

[resolved] Component's connection to Salesforce Reseting

Hello,
I have a Talend job whose task is to query through records from another environment (Salesforce) and based on some criteria, extract those records in an Excel file. The job is installed locally on my machine and on a Linux remote server, to be executed automatically via a cron. There are actually 4 instances of the job. Each one is connected to a different Salesforce environment, namely: Dev, Recette, PreProduction and Production.
The thing is, when the job is launched on the Dev, Recette and PreProduction environments, it is executed and completed successfully. On Production only, however, every time I launch the job for the first time on any day, I got a timeout error:
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Read timed out
When I launched the job for a second time on that same day, the job was executed and completed successfully. The next day, same scenario: timeout on first run, success on second. At that time, I had set a timeout of 3 minutes (180000) on the connection to Salesforce component.
After some thorough investigations, I found out that it's not the query to Salesforce that was timing out, but rather the time taken for the component to start.
I then increased the timeout to 15 minutes hoping that by that time, the component in the job would've been launched. But, I got a new error at about 5 minutes of launch:
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Connection reset
After that, same scenario: on the same day, connection reset on first run, success on second. See attached file for the "Connection Reset" error log.
The test runs described above was carried on on both my local machine and the remote server.
Any kind of help regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, and regards.
%23Talend_Connection_Reset_Error.txt.txt
%23Talend_Connection_Reset_Error.txt_20170210-0318.txt

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: [resolved] Component's connection to Salesforce Reseting

Hello,
The 'timeout to Salesforce' issue has been fixed by:
1) Making our Salesforce queries (that was being used by the job to query records to Salesforce) selective. For more information on how to make your Salesforce queries selctive, please check:

2) By switching Query Mode to "Bulk Query" in the components (that were querying records from Salesforce) of the job.

Kind Regards,
M. Janki

All Replies
One Star

Hi,
Carefully check proxy settings, firewall and so on for production environment.
TRF
Six Stars

Hello TRF,
Thanks for your reply.
We've double-checked the firewall settings and they're the same on each server. There's also currently no proxy used. The server connects directly to Salesforce.
Do you have any other ideas in mind?
Regards.
Six Stars

Hello,
The 'timeout to Salesforce' issue has been fixed by:
1) Making our Salesforce queries (that was being used by the job to query records to Salesforce) selective. For more information on how to make your Salesforce queries selctive, please check:

2) By switching Query Mode to "Bulk Query" in the components (that were querying records from Salesforce) of the job.

Kind Regards,
M. Janki