Four Stars

[resolved] Catch Error from subjob

Hello,
I need to catch errors in any job, subjob, etc ...
I have setup catching exceptions in the project settings (Stat & Logs).
Problem is, that if is an error in any subjob, it returns me only the message 'java.lang.RuntimeException: Child job running failed'. 
I need to know about exactly what the error was. Is it possible to globally set to errors transmitted from subjob to the capital job?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Four Stars

Re: [resolved] Catch Error from subjob

I used the initially option File / Edit Project Properties / Job Settings / Stats & Logs 
This does not promote Stats & Logs on all subjobs. 
After opening the main Job in the bottom bar in View / Job I selected the option Apply to sub jobs. From now logging works 
Thank you
4 REPLIES
Four Stars

Hi,
Trace information is not available in the logs... This is available only in console. You will have to redirect console trace to flat file or database table...
Vaibhav
Four Stars

But when I use in the subjob tLogCatcher, then catch the error and not just where the error occurred. Why?
Seventeen Stars

Actually you should see in the log of the parent job also the detailed message from the child job. Could you please check the Log&Stats settings for the child job, Log output must be enabled here as well.
Four Stars

I used the initially option File / Edit Project Properties / Job Settings / Stats & Logs 
This does not promote Stats & Logs on all subjobs. 
After opening the main Job in the bottom bar in View / Job I selected the option Apply to sub jobs. From now logging works 
Thank you