One Star

[resolved] Cannot read from win-1250 Firebird database properly

Hello,
I am quite new to Talend, but so far I've manage to set up a few jobs seemingly fine.
Im using TOS DI 5.3.1

The big Issue I have encountered is, how to set the talend to read from Firebird databse, encoded in win-1250 charset.
All the Czech characters are depicted as "?" in a rectangle (known issue here).
There is no setting in the tFirebirdConnection component, regarding the charset. Neither there is an option for this charset in Preferences > workspace.
Since I am Czech, and I want to read from many production databases, where i cannot affort to change the encoding to UTF-8 for instance, I really need to get this working, since TDI is such a powerful tool.
I am sensing it might have something to do with the jdbc driver I am using, so I have tried this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13156329/firebird-jdbc-driver-connection-character-encoding
but with no avail.
Has anyone any idea how to solve this issue?
I might be able to provide a sample database to test it on.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Cannot read from win-1250 Firebird database properly

Wow, I've been trying to find the solution for nearly 2 days now, shamefully I must admit that only now, Ive tried to replace the jaybird JAR file in lib directory by the newer version (frmo 2.1.1. to 2.2.3.), while maintaining the original filename (not sure about the dependencies in Talend), and guess what?? It works!!
2 REPLIES
One Star

Wow, I've been trying to find the solution for nearly 2 days now, shamefully I must admit that only now, Ive tried to replace the jaybird JAR file in lib directory by the newer version (frmo 2.1.1. to 2.2.3.), while maintaining the original filename (not sure about the dependencies in Talend), and guess what?? It works!!

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.