One Star

[resolved] Cannot open another project within same repository

I created two projects in the same repository.
Now while working on one of the projects, i need to open the second one.
The file system is as follow:
.Java
.JETEmitters
.metadata
DW_IMEI
ECHO
I am unable to open "ECHO" while working with "DW_IMEI" or vice versa (I opened a new instance of Talend, but it seems Talend cannot open up the second project, attached image).
I also tried to import the projects into each other but the tool does not allow me to do that.
The long process:
Create another repository with a new location, copy the project into that repo... only then can the tool open it.
So, i have a problem here.. not sure If this is a community version feature or just a limitation ?
/Best
Umair
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: [resolved] Cannot open another project within same repository

Hi Umair,
You can't open two Talend Studios with projects from the same workspace. If you want to be able to do that, you need to have them in separate workspaces.
It is logical considering that when you work on a project using the studio, the .Java, .JETEmitters and .metadata folders will be modified, and conflicts could appear if two projects edit them at the same time.
3 REPLIES
Employee

Hi Umair,
You can't open two Talend Studios with projects from the same workspace. If you want to be able to do that, you need to have them in separate workspaces.
It is logical considering that when you work on a project using the studio, the .Java, .JETEmitters and .metadata folders will be modified, and conflicts could appear if two projects edit them at the same time.
Community Manager

Hi
This is a limitation of studio, different instance of studio can't open the same workspace, as you have done, launch different instance of studio and use different workspace, import project into each workspace.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

I see.
Thanks for your help Smiley Happy