One Star

[resolved] Can I Process xlsb files in Talend?

Hi,
.xlsb files which open in microsoft excel by default having data in rows and columns cells.
Can you please tell me some way in processing those files.
FileExcel under the metadata only allows me to choose the files with extension .xls and .xlsx
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] Can I Process xlsb files in Talend?

The Excel components in Talend (and mostly in Talend Exchange) are based on Apache POI. This project has not been planned to support this format. The only advantage of this format is less file size but it is not documented well enough by Microsoft. You should consider converting them to the XML based format xlsx (or xlsm in case of macros).
7 REPLIES
One Star

Hi
even i have the same problem can anyone plzzz help
One Star

Hi
Sorry. There isn't any component to deal with xlsb files.
You can create issue at BugTracker for this new feature.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Sorry to revive this thread, but my search on this topic gave me no answers.
Has the status about input of xlsb changed?
Thanks for any answers.
One Star

Am also interested in this - i tried a simple copy and rename to .xlsx but that makes the file unstable... any ideas welcome.
Thanks
Seventeen Stars

The Excel components in Talend (and mostly in Talend Exchange) are based on Apache POI. This project has not been planned to support this format. The only advantage of this format is less file size but it is not documented well enough by Microsoft. You should consider converting them to the XML based format xlsx (or xlsm in case of macros).
One Star

Thanks jlolling - unfortunately I don't have control over the source file as it's also used by others. i think by best option is to find a command line converter that I can call with Talend and then proceed from there.
One Star

Hi,
.xlsb files which open in microsoft excel by default having data in rows and columns cells.
Can you please tell me some way in processing those files.

FileExcel under the metadata only allows me to choose the files with extension .xls and .xlsx