One Star

[resolved] Any reason for delimited output fields being wrapped in single quotes?

I had three jobs that were working great, then, early this morning (in the designer) I started noticing strange artifacts (like an echo or shadow of the text of a component remaining behind the actual component). A couple components seemed to disappear (but I could still drag select their one grid cell square area, and move them).
Eventually I decided to try restarting TOS, which did not resolve the problem. I thought I had a backup of my jobs and workspace to restore, but it is not working either.
Is anyone aware of any issues with 5.3.0M2? I realize it wasn't a stable release, but didn't expect to be using anything but standard/stable features (I know, it wasn't a stable release for a reason), I'm just hoping I can salvage several weeks of critical work.
I tried deleting the output components and recreating them, adjusting the CSV options, nothing worked. Oddly enough, a tLogRow between the last component and the output displayed the rows just fine.
I'm thinking at this point, if I can just salvage the jobs and workspace, that would be a great relief.

Updated: I was incorrect, it is M2, not M1, as originally reported. Also, holding off on filing a bug report, until I have a better idea of if in fact it is a bug, and not just some strange configuration typo I've made that caused this mess. But, perhaps I shouldn't and create a bug report and let the devs decide?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Any reason for delimited output fields being wrapped in single quotes?

So, good news... I deleted all the Talend folders and reinstalled 5.3.0M2. I created a new project in the typical ".\workspace" folder (had previously been pretty deeply nested in folders on another disk. I was able to get my project data imported successfully!
I'll start a new thread for the other issues.
Edit: Also, I meant to include this (as I don't know how applicable it is, but in the event that anyone else is having troubles too)... I also noticed that our corporate anti-virus (McAfee) was draining the system HEAVILY while using TOS and doing pretty much any file-based activity. This time around I disabled the on-access scanner. Not sure if that was what did it, but it was something that was different than the failed attempts to import the jobs, contexts, and schemas before.
2 REPLIES
One Star

Re: [resolved] Any reason for delimited output fields being wrapped in single quotes?

I installed 5.2.1 (like a good user Smiley Wink )... and tried importing my archived project. Now I'm getting the message...
'Job Designs.XXXXX' from the project XXXX use a more recent version of studio so cannot import it.

So, any suggestions? Should I go back to using 5.3.0M2? Or, would it be worthwhile (even possible?) to edit the files I'm trying to import to say they were written with 5.2.1 (I'm guessing it would allow importing then, but may not work)? No chance there is a configuration setting or a switch that would ignore these warnings and try importing anyway?
So frustrating, sad to see this having to be my 10th post! Smiley Sad
One Star

So, good news... I deleted all the Talend folders and reinstalled 5.3.0M2. I created a new project in the typical ".\workspace" folder (had previously been pretty deeply nested in folders on another disk. I was able to get my project data imported successfully!
I'll start a new thread for the other issues.
Edit: Also, I meant to include this (as I don't know how applicable it is, but in the event that anyone else is having troubles too)... I also noticed that our corporate anti-virus (McAfee) was draining the system HEAVILY while using TOS and doing pretty much any file-based activity. This time around I disabled the on-access scanner. Not sure if that was what did it, but it was something that was different than the failed attempts to import the jobs, contexts, and schemas before.