One Star

[resolved] Adding new Users

I've just recently taken over admin of TAC from a colleague who has left our company. I'm trying to wrap my head around the SVN integration, specifically adding users.
In TAC, the Add Users screen has a place to enter the SVN User and password. My question is, do I have to manually add the user to SVN before I add the user to TAC? I can't find any documentation that clarifies that piece. I was able to save a user in TAC without adding a user to SVN first, but things aren't working correctly and I'm getting an Authentication required message when staring DI Studio.
Should TAC be able to add the user to SVN, or is that a separate step?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] Adding new Users

Hi,
In a word, TAC is unable to add the user to SVN and you need add a new user manually in SVN . In TAC part, it just "sync up" the jobs in SVN using SVN Authentication(where enter the SVN User and password).
For TAC Authentication(TAC user and password), it is a role/right in the Administration Center to access the project.
User roles/rights in the Administration Center
Hope it will be helpful for your job.
Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
3 REPLIES

Hi,
It is separated step. Your project metadata can be stored in Database or SVN mode. If you are using a SVN repository, you can modify the SVN location URL, user and password from Talend Administration Center.
See the online Talend Administration Center User Guide Setting up SVN parameters and User settings
In addition, there is the Talend Administration Center User Guide about Managing Users on Talend Administration Center .
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina. Thanks for the reply. I had already seen those sections of documentation and was following those instructions. But the documentation doesn't clearly define that adding each individual user to SVN is a separate step that must be taken outside of TAC. Thank you for clarifying that it is.

Hi,
In a word, TAC is unable to add the user to SVN and you need add a new user manually in SVN . In TAC part, it just "sync up" the jobs in SVN using SVN Authentication(where enter the SVN User and password).
For TAC Authentication(TAC user and password), it is a role/right in the Administration Center to access the project.
User roles/rights in the Administration Center
Hope it will be helpful for your job.
Best regards
Sabrina

--