Five Stars

[resolved] Add external mudules / jar-files manually

I'm migrating from TOS 5.0.1 / 5.3.2 to 5.6.1 and have the problem that the jar-file for Ingres Databases isn't include in TOS anymore. So TOS tells me to download and install the missing external jar. My problem is that the computer where I have TOS installed isn't connected to the internet due to companys security restrictions.
I looked into Talend Help Center (Install external modules) and placed the iijdbc.jar in the following folders:
- Talend\TOS_DI_V5.6.1\configuration\lib\java
- Talend\TOS_DI_V5.6.1\lib\java
- Talend\TOS_DI_V5.6.1\plugins\org.talend.libraries.jdbc.ingres_5.6.1.20141207_1530\lib
... but that didn't helped.
Where do I have to place the iijdbc.jar so TOS will load it at startup? Or do I must have an internet connection so I can download the jar-file?
Best regards,
Frank
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: [resolved] Add external mudules / jar-files manually

Hi Sabrina,
the internet connection will never work on the computer where I create the Talend jobs due to companys security restrictions. So I copy the missing jar-files from an older TOS installation or download them from an computer with a working internet connection.
I can see the current external modules status in the modules tab. After copying the jar-files to the folder configuration\lib\java and restart TOS the jar-files I added manually are marked as installed and everything works fine. Smiley Happy
Best regards
Frank
14 REPLIES
Five Stars

Five Stars

Hi Umesh,
thanks for your help. But I still get an error when I will change a context group.

Best regards,
Frank
Five Stars

these are the platform specific jars, you can installed it offline, when it prompts to download that time you can provided it from local folder or drive just click on jar sign and then locate the jar. I tried this way it was working for me.
Five Stars

When I click the Install-Button the following error is written to the error log:
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_76
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64
Error
Wed Apr 01 10:56:02 CEST 2015
2015-04-01 10:56:02,141 ERROR org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - Server returned HTTP response code: 502 for URL: {"module":{"name":"glazedlists_java15-1.9.0.jar","vaction":"getModules"}}
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 502 for URL: {"module":{"name":"glazedlists_java15-1.9.0.jar","vaction":"getModules"}}
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.utils.RemoteModulesHelper.readJsonFromUrl(RemoteModulesHelper.java:495)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.utils.RemoteModulesHelper.access$3(RemoteModulesHelper.java:494)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.utils.RemoteModulesHelper$RemoteModulesFetchRunnable.run(RemoteModulesHelper.java:157)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.utils.ModulesInstaller$1.run(ModulesInstaller.java:49)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

I do also get the following screen after starting TOS:

When I click on Help - Install Additional Packages I get the following screen:

Hm, Screenshots are only getting visible when I edit my post ...
Five Stars

Ok, I downloaded glazedlists_java15-1.9.0.jar (for whatever this is required) and placed it to Talend\TOS_DI_V5.6.1\configuration\lib\java. Then I placed also the iijdbc.jar to the same folder. Now I can change my context groups. I will test my jobs now...
Best regards
Frank

Hi Frank,
Is there any update for your jar issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,
I'm still checking my jobs which jar-files are required and copy these files from an older Talend installation (5.0.1 / 5.3.2) to TOS_DI_V5.6.1\configuration\lib\java. Therefor I'm looking into the code tab of each job.
Because of the nonexisting internet connection of the computer where TOS is installed I'm getting an empty list of the missing but required third party libraries. In the error log tab (Windows / Show View / General / Error Log) I can see which libraries are also required and copy them to the lib\java-folder (for example squirrel.jar and sqlexplorer.jar, even if I don't use these components).
Best regards
Frank

Hi Frank,
Your internet connection is still not working?
Have you already checked document about:TalendHelpCenter:Identify required external modules? Can you see current external modules status in your studio?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,
the internet connection will never work on the computer where I create the Talend jobs due to companys security restrictions. So I copy the missing jar-files from an older TOS installation or download them from an computer with a working internet connection.
I can see the current external modules status in the modules tab. After copying the jar-files to the folder configuration\lib\java and restart TOS the jar-files I added manually are marked as installed and everything works fine. Smiley Happy
Best regards
Frank

Hi Frank,
Thanks for your feedback. Can we consider your issue as resolved? Feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,
I set this topic as resolved.
Best regards
Frank
One Star

Hi,
I am searching for sqlexplorer.jar file but unable to find it at any place online like other jar files which i downloaded.
Any suggestions on where shall i get this file ?
Thanks in advance for help.
Regards,
Ashish

Hi Ashish,
Have you successfully installed external jar file in your studio?
TalendHelpCenter:Install external modules

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for ur reply.
Actually i tried downloading module through "Download external modules" wizard but here the wizard is getting hanged and unable to proceed hence i have to go for manual process.
Please suggest.
Regards,
Ashish