Nine Stars

[resolved] Access Database - GC overhead limit exceeded

I have a 1.85GB Access database file I am trying to extract the data from.
Any idea how to retrieve the schema of the tables if I am getting this error?
Connection failure, check the database settings or contact your database administrator.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: net.ucanaccess.jdbc.UcanaccessSQLException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1089)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:314)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:353)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:302)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.table.database.SelectorTableForm$8.run(SelectorTableForm.java:1101)
      at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
  Caused by: net.ucanaccess.jdbc.UcanaccessSQLException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
      at net.ucanaccess.jdbc.UcanaccessDriver.connect(UcanaccessDriver.java:247)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)
      ... 6 more
3 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] Access Database - GC overhead limit exceeded

Forget it. Sorry to say that but an Access file of such size cannot be read be a java JDBC driver. Did you tried the ODBC driver?
Use the tDBInput to use it.
Nine Stars

I ended up opening the file in Access and exporting every table to a delimited file.
Seventeen Stars

Good decision!