Two Stars

[resolved] Abort a job

I need to abort the job if any row in an excel file contains null. Basically I have a input file with 3 columns. My requirement is that if any of the 3 fields contain null then the job should abort.
How do I achieve this.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Two Stars

Re: [resolved] Abort a job

Sorry for the late response as I was travelling.
I basically wrote the records in a file where any of the fields were null and then checked for the record count in the file and aborted the process accordingly.
10 REPLIES
Two Stars

I actually had this condition in my tMap and I was expecting it to fail automatically when the field value was Null but to my surprise it did not.
row2.Category.equals("Transfer to Self") ||row2.Category.equals("Fixed") || row2.Category.equals("Credit")?"0":"1"

Hi,
The expression in tMap should be
Condition?value if true: value if false

Are you looking for
row2.Category==null || row2.Category.isEmpty())?"1":"0"

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Two Stars

No I am not looking to bypass the Null or Empty condition. I want to actually abort the job itself as I need to then manually correct the file and then reprocess it again.
This is something that I amlooking into
row2.Category==null || row2.Category.isEmpty())?Abort the ProcessSmiley Frustratedubsequent conditions
Two Stars

Any suggestions please ???!!!!
Six Stars

Hi,
do you need to abort the job immediately?
If you don't, you can write rows that contain null values to a reject flow (out of tMap). Thus you can abort job if number of rows in reject file is >0.
Two Stars

I wanted to avoid this option but if there is no other way then possibly will have to go this route.
Seventeen Stars

hi all
use if condition that check number of row in the flow
tDie if == 0 , something else if not.
((Integer)globalMap.get("tLogRow_1_NB_LINE")) == 0

ps : in advanced setting of tDie you've got an option permiting to stop the job immedialtly
regards
laurent
Four Stars

That option is called Exit JVM.
Vaibhav

Hi sunbaj,
Is there any update for your issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Two Stars

Sorry for the late response as I was travelling.
I basically wrote the records in a file where any of the fields were null and then checked for the record count in the file and aborted the process accordingly.