[resolved] Ability to decrypt passwords in context file

Not applicable

[resolved] Ability to decrypt passwords in context file

I'm using context variables to handle DB connection information (in a Java project), including the DB passwords, using the data type of password.
This obfuscates the password in the results context file in the workspace (DB_0.3.item).
I'm trying to write an external program that scans these files, extracts the connection information and performs connection health checks against the configured connections to preempt potential DB failures that could cause various jobs to fail.

An earlier post implied that the context variables in Perl jobs are mostly just base64 encoded values that can be decoded with minimal effort. However, the password encoded in the Java project appears to be utilizing different algorithms and not as straight forward.
Can the algorithm used to encode these passwords be shared (even via private channels, so it's not public on the forum) enabling me to complete my health check system?

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Ability to decrypt passwords in context file

Hi
In all case, the source code of TOS is shared, means it's not that private, you can look into the source code.
http://www.talendforge.org/svn/tos/trunk/
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

All Replies
Community Manager

Hi
In all case, the source code of TOS is shared, means it's not that private, you can look into the source code.
http://www.talendforge.org/svn/tos/trunk/
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Not applicable

Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for.
One Star

Hello,
I am trying to connect oracle database in talent with Built-in functionality but I am unable to connect.
I need to check the password which I entered for that DB, how will I decrypt that password?
Regards,
Sarika