Seven Stars

[resolved] A component that is not a sub process start... error

Hi,
I have designed a job to read the contents of a text file and import the contents into a database table.
Earlier in this job the name of the file to be read was fixed. But this has changed now and the name needs to match a particular name pattern.
My current job design is as follows:

However when I added the tFileList and connected it to the tFileInputDelimited component. I see the red cross with the message: "A component that is not a sub process start cannot have any link on sub job ok / sub job error in input."
I see the same error when I joined the tFileList with the previous component using OnComponentOk instead of OnSubJobOk

How can I proceed without the error?
I need the file listed by the tFileList to be read by the tFileInputDelimited.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] A component that is not a sub process start... error

Hi Ketan,
You are getting the error because of the "tMysqlCommit" & "tMysqlRollback" components.
Now since you're having 'tFileList' component to start your sub-job (sub-process), you would need to connect the "tMysqlCommit" & "tMysqlRollback" components from 'tFileList' component & not 'tFileInputDelimited'.
Hope this should resolve your issue. Smiley Happy
MathurM
1 REPLY
One Star

Re: [resolved] A component that is not a sub process start... error

Hi Ketan,
You are getting the error because of the "tMysqlCommit" & "tMysqlRollback" components.
Now since you're having 'tFileList' component to start your sub-job (sub-process), you would need to connect the "tMysqlCommit" & "tMysqlRollback" components from 'tFileList' component & not 'tFileInputDelimited'.
Hope this should resolve your issue. Smiley Happy
MathurM