[resolved] 401 error trying to create HCatalog connection for Hadoop cluster

Six Stars

[resolved] 401 error trying to create HCatalog connection for Hadoop cluster

I'm trying to set up the Big Data job example called "Gathering Web traffic information using Hadoop".  In some other Hadoop examples I've been successful connecting to my Hadoop instance and running a job to create and read data, so Haddop seems to be working for me.  I did a job example with tHDFSPut and tHDFSGet and it worked fine.  For this job example I installed Hive on my namenode and I have webhcat running:
        /usr/local/apache-hive-2.1.1-bin/hcatalog/sbin$ ./webhcat_server.sh start
        Lenght of string is non zero
        webhcat: starting ...
        webhcat: /usr/local/hadoop/bin/hadoop jar /usr/local/apache-hive-2.1.1-bin/hcatalog/sbin/../share/webhcat/svr/lib/hive-webhcat-2.1.1.jar org.apache.hive.hcatalog.templeton.Main
        webhcat: starting ... started.
        webhcat: done
The issue I'm seeing is when trying to call the Templeton Host for the component tHCatalogOperation.  I get the following error in the Talend Execution window.
        Error 401 (Unauthorized): Credentials were missing or incorrect.
        --->Unable to access program: ${env.PYTHON_CMD}
I run into a similar issue when trying to create an HCatalog connection for my Hadoop cluster under Metadata and try to test the connection. Hostname and port are like this:
       Hostname = ec2-xx-xx-xx-xx.xx-xxxx-x.compute.amazonaws.com
       Port= 50111
The only thing showing in the webhcat.log after a run is the following:
       INFO  | 12 Feb 2017 15:05:41,061 | org.apache.hive.hcatalog.templeton.HcatDelegator |       Main.getAppConfigInstance().get(AppConfig.UNIT_TEST_MODE)=null
At this point I'm stuck because I see that I don't have valid credentials, but I can't tell what to do for a next step to investigate this.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: [resolved] 401 error trying to create HCatalog connection for Hadoop cluster

I'm pretty sure at this point that I made a mistake during the install of Hive since it seems that Hive in unable to since the jar file for webhcat.  I plan to go through the install again in more detail.  Closing this issue.

All Replies
Six Stars

Re: [resolved] 401 error trying to create HCatalog connection for Hadoop cluster

I'm pretty sure at this point that I made a mistake during the install of Hive since it seems that Hive in unable to since the jar file for webhcat.  I plan to go through the install again in more detail.  Closing this issue.