Five Stars

reject data from postgressql

I have rejects set up to redirect bad data to an excel file. I have checked the option don't generate empty file clicked. My job is still creating an empty file. Please help what should i do to avoid this thank you

Thank You

6 REPLIES
Five Stars

Re: reject data from postgressql

shong wrote
The reject row can't be used together with the 'die on error' option and 'extend insert' option in advanced setting tab of tMysqlOutput component, uncheck these two option and then you can use the reject row. Right click on tMysqlOutput, select Row, and then Reject.

above mentioned options are done.but still creating empty file

Community Manager

It seems the error comes from tFileInputDelimited component rather than DB output component. For testing, check the 'die on error' box to print the detailed error to the console to see which component throws the error.
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Five Stars

i faced these errors after clicking die on error how to resolve this

exception in component tFileInputDelimited_1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unparseable date: "1"
at routines.system.ParserUtils.parseTo_Date(ParserUtils.java:321)
at pya_projects.copy_of_iris_allergy_postgres_v2_0_1.Copy_of_iris_allergy_postgres_v2.tFileInputDelimited_1Process(Copy_of_iris_allergy_postgres_v2.java:1761)
at pya_projects.copy_of_iris_allergy_postgres_v2_0_1.Copy_of_iris_allergy_postgres_v2.runJobInTOS(Copy_of_iris_allergy_postgres_v2.java:3991)
at pya_projects.copy_of_iris_allergy_postgres_v2_0_1.Copy_of_iris_allergy_postgres_v2.main(Copy_of_iris_allergy_postgres_v2.java:3790)

Nine Stars

You have a "1" in a column where Talend expects a date. Possibly your input file contains strings wrapped in quotes, but tFileInputDelimited isn't set up to interpret them?
Five Stars

that why  i'm using rejects to capture that row

Nine Stars

Then that's the row that's being sent to your reject file.