One Star

reading Images from input file.

HI,
we get an input file from the client, that will contain tiff images in it. I was trying to retrieve the images by using Talend. is it doable?
I copied one tiff image data manually from the input file and saved it as TIFF image. I can preview it.
I used talend to duplicate the Tiff image. i.e . read the tiff image and save it with different file name and extension as Tiff. but it is not producing any preview. when I double click on the image I see it as complete Black. i used CompareIT software to compare the two images, it shows both files are Identical.
I even tried with ImageIO libraries in Java. I was able to save the file but I'm not able to generate previews.
suggestions are much appreciated.
4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: reading Images from input file.

Hi
How do you duplicate the image? Using tFileCopy? I just use a tFileCopy to copy the file into another directory and i can preview it.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

One Star

Hi Shong, I tried with tDelimited component to read and write to a different file. because, we get thousands of images in a single input file and that file will also contain some client specific data.
client FIle looks like this
FileInfo
view
FRONT
size 3000
II*dsfskhdoasdklsdasdjlasdjlasd
view
FRONT
size 2400
II*kjmciasjjzdmlasdiijsadk
view
as the tiff Image starts with II* characters I created a filter to get the bytes from II* to view. and tried to save into individual files. like 1.tiff, 2.tiff .....
on the output the files are not containing all the image data, suppose if we have 20 lines of image data in the original file. the output file created only with 12 lines of data.
please suggest.
One Star

Janhess, your code sample didn't worked for me.