reQueue message if SOAP calls fails

Five Stars

reQueue message if SOAP calls fails

Hi Community !

I'm quiet new to Talend and i'm still learning but here's my issue :

I've a route which takes a xml message from the Queue and pass it to the cSOAP component.

I'd like to find a way to requeue the message if the SOAP call fails, is it possible ? 

Should i use a job to do that ?

U0FRIm4.png

It currently uses a cErrorHandler but it doesn't fit my needs.

I use :

- Talend ESB 7.1.1.20181026_1147

- ActiveMQ

Thanks !

Re: reQueue message if SOAP calls fails

Hello,

Here is a cLoop component which processes messages repetitively and possibly in different ways.

https://help.talend.com/reader/1kWlkHx_7IKc6y3wZ0GMsg/eTqvr3f6CLDXbPiNYEiVng

Let us know if it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hello,

I don't need to retry/loop it x times but put it into a queue if the SOAP action/call fails.

Thanks,

Employee

Hi,

In that case, the first step you need to do is to capture the input message to a tHashOutput for later use.

Then you can send the data to SOAP request and based on the success or failure message, you can create a RunIf condition to read the Hash value using tHashInput and pass the value to output failure queue.

Please note that you will have to clear the Hash details by reading the data using tHashInput for both success and failure cases and by selecting the hash clear option.

tHashInput and tHashOutput may not visible in the Palette. In that case, you need to go to Palette preference to select these components.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi
Please appreciate our members by giving Kudos for spending their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)
Five Stars

Hello ! 

Thank you for you reply !

Is this the good way of doing it ? How can i access the message within the "Run if" condition ? 

mb9QGDi.png

Best regards and Happy new year ! Robot Happy

Highlighted
Employee

Hi,

A minor modification is needed as you need to first collect the output of the SOAP request back to a context variable (may be by using a tjavarow to assign the value to context variable) and then initiate the run if conditions.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi
Please appreciate our members by giving Kudos for spending their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)
Six Stars

Our approach to this (tREST rather than tSOAP, but the same principle should apply) by writing the failed content to a file and calling a subsequent job that retries the failures. This could be the same job but with context variables that define the input and output files, or a separate job.

We use a separate job with an additional delay in between calls in case the failure was an API rate limit, and we are happy to only retry it once. We could call the retry job in a loop with some logic to detect records that are never going to work, but we decided that that would be a manual process if necessary.

Seven Stars

Hi there

There's absolutly no need of a job to do this ! 

1) Between your MQ and your cSoap use a cSetProperty to store the initial message body into a property

2) after your Exception component, add a cSetBody that will put your property into the body again, then add a cJMS component to send the message back to the queue.

3) beware of dead loop , there are several options for this, for instance you could add a cProcessor that will count the number of times the same message has been executed, or whatever you want.

Arnaud

Five Stars

Thanks for those responses

Now the thing is that i need to print both message into a file.

(message i sent to the soap request and message i get back from the soap request)

Any ideas ? 

Seven Stars

Very easy if you store the sent message into a header or a property as I said before. Just add a cProcessor at the end of your route with

exchange.getIn().setBody( exchange.getIn().getHeader("myHeader",String.class) + exchange.getIn().getBody(String.class) ) Then add a cMessagingEndpoint to store this into a file.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.