Five Stars

"Parameter (Component List) is empty but is required"

hey

No documents returned on this Talend error within search or google, has it never happened before............. ? REALLY ?

Talend website and community search engine break a phrase down into words, not useful when searching for this error.

Full stop on my development . Trying to call a stored proc with parameters, but cant pass params even though defined within a tFixedFlowInput component

because I get the above error (subject line)

attached file shows component list but no walkthrough's on calling stored proc with params, help on error, no,  nothing..... any clues as to what I need to do next?

14 REPLIES
Ten Stars

Re: "Parameter (Component List) is empty but is required"

That setting should list tMysqlConnection components available to be used. You appear to be using a tAmazonAuroraConnection component, which isn't compatible with tMysqlSP components. There does not appear to be a tAmazonAuroraSP component. (don't ask me why)

I don't have experience connecting to Amazon databases, so I don't know of a workaround that allows you to call a stored procedure on an Aurora db.
Six Stars

Hi,

tfixedflowinput is not the right component for parameters

Please use context variables for passing parameters.

mention context.<variable name> at the tmysqlSP component. 

Cheers!

Gatha

Five Stars

Thanks Gatha

Contexts (great found these, although most of the world calls these variables, why change a naming convention that has lasted for ages in computing, although id accept "value " when referring to functional programming)

mention ?

cant find this word on the component...... or did you mean something else?

thanks so much for your speedy reply...

Six Stars

Are you getting any data Aurora ?  if not please remove that.

Where are you seeing the componentlist (full screen of your screen shot where you don't see component list can help)

Please let me know what are you trying to achieve by this job

FYI- You have to create context here 

Context.png

Ten Stars

You are not connected to a database if you have a blank Component List setting.
Five Stars

Gatha, thanks again.

screenshots added.

I do have an Aurora connection mySqlAuroraDW - connection, if I don't have this how can this job connect to the database?

My job is simply to call a Aurora(mySQL) stored procedure with 3 parameters stdate, endate and db and get the data.

The component list Talend is complaining about is circled in yellow.

thanks

Ten Stars

First, you at least want an OnSubjobOK link between your database connection component and the rest of your job to ensure that the connection is established before you attempt any operation using that connection.

Second, as I mentioned, the tMysqlSP component cannot be configured to use a tAmazonAuroraConnection component.  If you expand the palette section Databases->Amazon->Aurora you will find the family of components that use that connection.  None of them is a stored procedure (SP) component.  Can you connect to your database using a tMysqlConnection component instead?

Five Stars

Thanks cterenzi

what does the "component list" do ?

from the error im getting its seems this is the parameters list for the stored proc, ? or is it something else?
Ten Stars

When you check "Use existing connection" you have to tell it which connection component to use. The list of compatible components appears here. Since your connection component and your SP component are not compatible, nothing appears in the dropdown.
Five Stars

Ok got you, same in my c# code I can use the sqlConnection driver too.

ok so have added mySql connection and tested it "checks" ok.

added SubjOk link from there to tMysqlSP component, I have a Component value in the (Component list) dropdown so no more error, yeay.

Now how do I connect the contexts (i say variables) to the tMySQLSP component?

Ten Stars

The parameters section references "Schema Columns" which means columns from the schema passed by the previous component. If your values are present in that data flow, you just add the number of parameters required by your stored procedure and select them from the drop down lists, specifying whether they're IN, OUT, IN OUT or RECORDSET parameters. It doesn't look like the SP component supports using context variables directly.
Five Stars

I am getting the same error.  I am not using any external procedures, just trying to read a table into a csv file.  I am not clear what you mean by SP component and connection component.

Initially, I set up the Input table by itself and it worked fine.

I then wanted to set the connection once, read in the schemas for the tables and set up queries in the repository and assign them to the database input component. I set up a connection, added two table schemas and two queries... so far so good.  When selected the existing connection in the database component configuration tab, every thing was fine except the component list pull down was empty and had no selections.  When I ran it, it failed because the component list was empty.

Any clarity on what I am missing would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
Five Stars

I figured out the problem.  I did not have a database connection component in my job.  When I added it to the job, it appeared in the component list.  I selected it and it worked.

Sorry for the false alarm but it is nice to have a forum to brainstorm with.

Hi,

Great your issue has been fixed. Please mark your topic as resolved.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.