Five Stars

"NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/ws/WebServiceException" in first TOS ESB gettingstarted service example

After some difficulty getting the right JDK installed & configured for TOS_ESB-20180116_1512-V6.5.1 to get past the start-up window, I tried the example in the Getting Started Guide, "Working with Data Services" chapter, "Building a Customer service provider" section. "Executing the service operation in the Talend Studio" gave me the result:

Starting job CustomerServicePortType_CustomerServiceOperation at 14:59 09/02/2018.

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3335
[statistics] connected
Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/ws/WebServiceException
	at partneringest.customerserviceporttype_customerserviceoperation_0_1.CustomerServicePortType_CustomerServiceOperation$HandlerThread_tESBProviderRequest_1.run(CustomerServicePortType_CustomerServiceOperation.java:836)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException
	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:582)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:185)
	at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:496)
	... 1 more

This is with Oracle JDK 8u151.

I should add that I didn't start Talend Runtime, per "Launching Talend Runtime and its Infrastructure Services" (because I'm on a Mac). But then it's not clear what the Studio is connecting to.

4 REPLIES
Five Stars

Re: "NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/ws/WebServiceException" in first TOS ESB gettingstarted service example

@xdshi, should I file a bug on this? or am I just using it incorrectly?

Re: "NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/ws/WebServiceException" in first TOS ESB gettingstarted service example

Hello,

Could you please show us your service setting screenshot so that we can see if you are using it correctly?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Employee

Hi,

I have an similar Error with the Studio on MacOS. When I try to start a very simple Route I got this message

Starte Job test am 11:27 03/04/2018.

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3602
[statistics] connected
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/annotation/XmlRootElement
	at org.apache.camel.model.OptionalIdentifiedDefinition.getShortName(OptionalIdentifiedDefinition.java:79)
	at org.apache.camel.management.InstrumentationInterceptStrategy.wrapProcessorInInterceptors(InstrumentationInterceptStrategy.java:62)
	at org.apache.camel.processor.interceptor.DefaultChannel.initChannel(DefaultChannel.java:218)
	at org.apache.camel.model.ProcessorDefinition.wrapChannel(ProcessorDefinition.java:279)
	at org.apache.camel.model.ProcessorDefinition.wrapChannel(ProcessorDefinition.java:261)
	at org.apache.camel.model.ProcessorDefinition.wrapProcessor(ProcessorDefinition.java:257)
	at org.apache.camel.model.ProcessorDefinition.makeProcessorImpl(ProcessorDefinition.java:552)
	at org.apache.camel.model.ProcessorDefinition.makeProcessor(ProcessorDefinition.java:500)
	at org.apache.camel.model.ProcessorDefinition.addRoutes(ProcessorDefinition.java:219)
	at org.apache.camel.model.RouteDefinition.addRoutes(RouteDefinition.java:1069)
	at org.apache.camel.model.RouteDefinition.addRoutes(RouteDefinition.java:196)
	at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.startRoute(DefaultCamelContext.java:974)
	at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.startRouteDefinitions(DefaultCamelContext.java:3301)
	at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doStartCamel(DefaultCamelContext.java:3024)
	at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.access$000(DefaultCamelContext.java:175)
	at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext$2.call(DefaultCamelContext.java:2854)
	at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext$2.call(DefaultCamelContext.java:2850)
	at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doWithDefinedClassLoader(DefaultCamelContext.java:2873)
	at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doStart(DefaultCamelContext.java:2850)
	at org.apache.camel.support.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:61)
	at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.start(DefaultCamelContext.java:2819)
	at org.apache.camel.main.Main.doStart(Main.java:127)
	at org.apache.camel.support.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:61)
	at org.apache.camel.main.MainSupport.run(MainSupport.java:138)
	at trainings.test_0_1.test.run(test.java:143)
	at trainings.test_0_1.test.runJobInTOS(test.java:205)
	at trainings.test_0_1.test.main(test.java:175)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlRootElement
	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:582)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:185)
	at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:496)
	... 27 more

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-03 um 11.28.03.pngBildschirmfoto 2018-04-03 um 11.28.27.png

@xdshi I have installed Java8 as well as Java9 (But configured Java8 for the studio) 

I know that JAXB APIs are considered to be Java EE APIs, and therefore are no longer contained on the default class path in Java SE 9. Could this be a problem? Can I check wich Java the ESB Runtime will use?

Five Stars

Sorry not to reply earlier, but for now we're no longer looking at Talend as a solution, due to hang-ups like this.