Four Stars

"NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/ws/WebServiceException" in first TOS ESB gettingstarted service example

After some difficulty getting the right JDK installed & configured for TOS_ESB-20180116_1512-V6.5.1 to get past the start-up window, I tried the example in the Getting Started Guide, "Working with Data Services" chapter, "Building a Customer service provider" section. "Executing the service operation in the Talend Studio" gave me the result:

Starting job CustomerServicePortType_CustomerServiceOperation at 14:59 09/02/2018.

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3335
[statistics] connected
Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/ws/WebServiceException
	at partneringest.customerserviceporttype_customerserviceoperation_0_1.CustomerServicePortType_CustomerServiceOperation$HandlerThread_tESBProviderRequest_1.run(CustomerServicePortType_CustomerServiceOperation.java:836)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException
	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:582)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:185)
	at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:496)
	... 1 more

This is with Oracle JDK 8u151.

I should add that I didn't start Talend Runtime, per "Launching Talend Runtime and its Infrastructure Services" (because I'm on a Mac). But then it's not clear what the Studio is connecting to.

1 REPLY
Four Stars

Re: "NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/ws/WebServiceException" in first TOS ESB gettingstarted service example

@xdshi, should I file a bug on this? or am I just using it incorrectly?