Six Stars

"My Extensions" can't add a component

Hello,

I am trying to push a component in Talend Exchange but I have the following error : "Echec de l'installation. You Should check it."

I also don't have the time to view the description of the error because the window disapear in half a second. I don't have any log in my Studio concerning the error.

I don't know what to do, any ideas ? The component is tested and works perfcectly on my Studio.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: "My Extensions" can't add a component

Hello,

Could you please indicate on which build version you got this issue? Can you successfully add your custom component into talend exchange portal through https://exchange.talend.com/ directly?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
5 REPLIES
Six Stars

[EDIT] : I managed to see the description of the error : "JSONObject["resultNewExtension"] not found." and I can't find this string in my component files (I don't use JSONObject either).

Any ideas ?

Six Stars

[EDIT 2] : I found the following (Talend) Java code here http://useof.org/java-open-source/us.monoid.json.JSONObject/4 while looking for the String "resultNewExtension". One of the parameter (typeExtension, username, passwordHash, category, name, description) isn't correct ???

/**
     * DOC hcyi Comment method "insertionExtensionService".
     * @param typeExtension
     * @param username
     * @param passwordHash
     * @param category
     * @param name
     * @param description
     * @return
     */
public static WebserviceStatus insertionExtensionService(String typeExtension, String username, String passwordHash, String category, String name, String description) {
    WebserviceStatus ws = new WebserviceStatus();
    ws.setResult(false);
    Resty r = new Resty();
    JSONObject tokenMessage = new JSONObject();
    try {
        tokenMessage.put("username", username);
        tokenMessage.put("passwordHash", passwordHash);
        tokenMessage.put("typeExtension", typeExtension);
        tokenMessage.put("category", category);
        tokenMessage.put("name", name);
        tokenMessage.put("description", description);
        JSONObject token = new us.monoid.json.JSONObject();
        token.put("newExtension", tokenMessage);
        AbstractContent ac = Resty.content(token);
        MultipartContent mpc = Resty.form(new FormData("data", ac));
        TextResource textResult = r.text(exchangeWSServer + "publishExtension.php", mpc);
        JSONObject resultObject = new JSONObject(textResult.toString());
        JSONObject object = (JSONObject) resultObject.get("resultNewExtension");
        String idExtension = object.getString("idExtension");
        //
        ws.setValue(idExtension);
        ws.setResult(true);
        //$NON-NLS-1$
        ws.setMessageException(Messages.getString("ExchangeWebService.insertionExtensionSuccessful"));
    } catch (JSONException e) {
        ws.setMessageException(e.getMessage());
    } catch (IOException e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
    } catch (Exception e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
    }
    return ws;
}

Six Stars

[EDIT 3] : below a screenshot of my query to Talend Exchange :

Capture.PNG

Somebody ever managed to put a component to Talend Exchange with the "My Extensions" window ? Is it bugged ?

Hello,

Could you please indicate on which build version you got this issue? Can you successfully add your custom component into talend exchange portal through https://exchange.talend.com/ directly?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hello Sabrina,

I tried with various versions of Talend, from a Talend Data Fabric 6.1.1.29160609_1327_patch to a TOS_DI-V6.3.1 and I have exactly the same error. Do you have a procedure for https://exchange.talend.com/ the only thing I though I could do was downloading new components...

Regards.