Six Stars

put decimal point after two digits

Hi all

i have row in csv which has below data  ,i want to insert decimal point after the starting two digits

i am using Tmap 

number1

Expected:

number1

Thnks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: put decimal point after two digits

Hi Sushil,

Please add another LEFT function as a quick option to limit the output to first five characters.

StringHandling.LEFT(StringHandling.LEFT(row1.input,2)+"."+StringHandling.RIGHT(row1.input,StringHandling.LEN(row1.input)-2),5) 

If the solution has helped you, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Kudos are also welcome :-)

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

3 REPLIES
Employee

Hi,

Please read the value as string to a tmap and use the below function.

StringHandling.LEFT(row1.input,2)+"."+StringHandling.RIGHT(row1.input,StringHandling.LEN(row1.input)-2) 

Note:- Please add additional checks to handle NULL and strings whose length are less than 2 if required.

image.png

Once the conversion is over, you can convert the string to Double if the target is looking for that option.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Six Stars

@nikhilthampi 

Thank you

But you missed limiting to two digits after decimal point.please check my expected output 

Employee

Hi Sushil,

Please add another LEFT function as a quick option to limit the output to first five characters.

StringHandling.LEFT(StringHandling.LEFT(row1.input,2)+"."+StringHandling.RIGHT(row1.input,StringHandling.LEN(row1.input)-2),5) 

If the solution has helped you, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Kudos are also welcome :-)

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi